Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: New SWB Taillights and Turn Signals from Porsche Classic

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    Too bad these arent a product of Mr. Kemmer., the master. Original USA rear swb signal lenses are not painted as the repros appear to be, the (darker) red is the color of the plastic so they dont fade like the Euro lenses do. That crest on the sign tag is disturbing.
    Couldn’t agree more about Mr.Kemmer, these would have been perfect them.
    About US taillight lenses, I got impression from marketing speech in Originale 06 that US version would be solid-colored plastic like original(mandatory back then, not in Europe) and not painted like Euro-lens. But it does look brighter red in pics than NOS ones.

Correct color for front lenses would have been easily achieved, still would be possible but bit annoying to separate brand new 600€ light unit from manufacturer... (they should have used Tamiya modeling paints )
    - Ville -

1967 911 Slate Grey/red, fully restored + 66' "r-ish" hotrod project

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    I know the discussion has focused on the lights that are on offer. But when I started this thread it was to discuss the quality and likability of the new products from Porsche Classic. With that being said, they have a crest that looks pretty cool.

Described as,
    "here is the newest match From Porsche Classic

The "Holy Grail" -original PORSCHE new edition of the historical dealer crest

Absolutely perfect new edition of the Porsche advertising sign true to the original

As at the time, it was lavishly enamelled in several layers and colors

Dimensions: approx. 46 x 35 cm

Heavy version: approx. 1.6 kg

Beautifully historically packaged. Including Porsche lead seal and historical description

The crowning glory for every men's cave

Porsche Order No: 644 70100 710

Directly available from your Porsche Dealer (Porsche Center) or can be ordered on our website ( www. erlkoenig-classic.de)"

Similar comments as the lights from Porsche? (btw this one is missing the chain)

Name:  32742B89-DA5F-40C0-9007-060DDEADAD6A.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  97.5 KB

Btw how is erlkoenig classic connected to the factory? Are they a daughter company or a marketing department?

Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Btw how is erlkoenig classic connected to the factory? Are they a daughter company or a marketing department?

Richard[/QUOTE]

to your guys info
    if you doubt why erlkoenig classic / reutter shop can do "repro" stuff like this legally

is that the owner of Erlkoenig classic , FRANK JUNG is the grandson to Mr. Reutter, and the story is that he have the legal rights to Reutter and RECARO "classic" and and I know he is making a range of classic Recaro seats at the moment
    and this is what I have been told , not sure of the legal and true part of it...BUT Mr Reutter designed the true badge back then for Porsche , and some how they have the rights for the crest .. how this story works in real life I dont know

Marek

Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post

Richard

to your guys info
    if you doubt why erlkoenig classic / reutter shop can do "repro" stuff like this legally

is that the owner of Erlkoenig classic , FRANK JUNG is the grandson to Mr. Reutter, and the story is that he have the legal rights to Reutter and RECARO "classic" and and I know he is making a range of classic Recaro seats at the moment
    and this is what I have been told , not sure of the legal and true part of it...BUT Mr Reutter designed the true badge back then for Porsche , and some how they have the rights for the crest .. how this story works in real life I dont know

Marek[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this information. I like these kind of facts.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Last word? Thanks to Eric and a few other "True Believers" there is good stuff we can be proud of. Original still beast repos but when you cannot beat them, you join them. If you cannot do better yourself you may gracefully accept what is offered or choose not to buy it. Easy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Couldn't agree more.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    Last word? Thanks to Eric and a few other "True Believers" there is good stuff we can be proud of. Original still beast repos but when you cannot beat them, you join them. If you cannot do better yourself you may gracefully accept what is offered or choose not to buy it. Easy.
    oh jeez i can't unsee that image...
    Member#: 3654

69S coupe (metallic silver)
    70E coupe (metallic green)
    71 911S HWT (Euro, Tangerine)
    67 912 SWT (black over red)

Sundry: 65 Honda S600 Coupe (project, but with motor that redlines at 9500)