Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New SWB Taillights and Turn Signals from Porsche Classic

New SWB Taillights and Turn Signals from Porsche Classic

Anyone else get their hands on one? I got mine today, will peruse and report back, it looks slick though!

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Thanks Adam,

Link to a brief coverage of one of the new items which is the SWB front and rear turn/tail lights! Looking forward to seeing these in person....

https://www.porsche.com/all/media/fl...o-story/en-us/

e
    We should turn this thread into people's experience with buying Porsche Classic parts, both pros and cons.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    We should turn this thread into people's experience with buying Porsche Classic parts, both pros and cons.

---Adam
    Just bought a pair, let's see how they come in!

E

Just talked to the counter guy, says they are 2 to 3 weeks out and are coming from Germany. Says he'll throw a book into the box for my order.

Fingers crossed...(and glad I didn't make these...)

E

New crankcase?

Quote Originally Posted by blue72s View Post
    New crankcase?
    dunno... I just bought a pair of euro swb tail light assemblies. IF these are as nice as they claim they are then there's going to be a LOT of suppliers sitting with the crappy plastic reproductions (SMadre, Stoddard, Aase, Zims, etc. etc.plus all the same suspects in europe).

E

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    dunno... I just bought a pair of euro swb tail light assemblies.
    And I ordered the Euro fronts just to see them. I'll post some detailed photos as soon as they arrive.

Curious, how much are these?

Thanks, |Rick

Sorry for my ignorance on this, but are they also recreating the lwb front light assemblies? Can these parts be ordered from any dealer? Thanks!
    Member #3857
    '70 911 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by stephers View Post
    Curious, how much are these?

Thanks, |Rick
    Cheap. Retail on the Euro fronts is about $600 each. I paid $900 for the set after a dealer discount.