Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New SWB Taillights and Turn Signals from Porsche Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Read the article... It's online. Bulb holders are included, and they say Bosch on them according to the article.

Edit, here's the link:
    https://www.porsche.com/all/media/fl...n-us/4/#zoom=z

e
    If you look at the porsche classic website, you can see the markings:

Name:  Annotation 2020-10-02 154943.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  61.8 KB
    Name:  Annotation 2020-10-02 155032.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  102.5 KB

Also for bulb holders and production with Bosch Classic
    Name:  Annotation 2020-10-02 155711.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  75.4 KB

So who offers the best pricing on these, sun coast?

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Chandler when I last looked.

Mine have been shipped to me, I should have them on Tues or Wed. These are Euro rears.

Still... what we need are lenses, nice ones. And I'd prefer if they say Bosch. Doubt they will just release the lenses, but maybe sales will be poor and they will do a run for us that just want the lens.

Here's my last pair of Euro rears that say Bosch on them.. these are the last iteration that was made for the "black market" I have a pair of Euro fronts as well. Many of us have decent units that just need a new lens and don't need a full refurbishment.

Age old question... who is making the best that's currently available? I have a ton of assemblies that have cracks in the lenses that would be fine for a "driver" with just a new lens.

E
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Age old question... who is making the best that's currently available? I have a ton of assemblies that have cracks in the lenses that would be fine for a "driver" with just a new lens.
    John A. turned me on to some Italian-made lenses that are beautiful save for the lack of the proper markings.

But you ain't gonna like where you gotta buy them...

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Actually for the Euro Rears it appears to be Porsche Monmouth. Those are $608 with them.
    Last edited by Soterik; 10-12-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks E, will give them a shout. Perhaps members who have an "in" with Porsche classic could convince them that also offering just the lenses would allow them to amortize the tooling cost for those quicker.

Here you will see the markings on the lights https://www.stoddard.com/catalogsear...t/?q=901-631-4 all are in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 356hunter View Post
    Here you will see the markings on the lights https://www.stoddard.com/catalogsear...t/?q=901-631-4 all are in stock.
    Pretty damn close and certainly better than our alternatives until now besides NOS. But with Porsche's immense resources, I'll never understand why the details aren't absolutely perfect. I mean, if Eric L. can do it, shouldn't Porsche be able to?
    Last edited by LiveFromNY; 10-04-2020 at 12:22 AM.