Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New SWB Taillights and Turn Signals from Porsche Classic

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Pretty damn close and certainly better than our alternatives until now besides NOS. But with Porsche's immense resources, I'll never understand why the details aren't absolutely perfect. I mean, if Eric L. can do it, shouldn't Porsche be able to?
    what details are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by italux View Post
    what details are you referring to?
    see post #43
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Looks like they have officially added the NOS cases to the catalog.
    https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/am...HoDS82RcaePSYc
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Looks like the SWB indicator & tail lights are going to be very nice!
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Looks like the SWB indicator & tail lights are going to be very nice!
    The next couple of days will tell, I should have my rear set by Tuesday.

BTW, here's a link to being able to purchase them "reasonably" without having to pay the price of the usual suspects. Yes, a couple of weeks to wait, but saving serious $$.

List is $854, Monmouth Porsche is $614, and one of the usual suppliers is $948.
    https://parts.porschemonmouth.com/oe...ht-90163140300

E
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for the info. $1250 sure sounds better than almost $2000.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

I went to Porsche classic centre in UK at the weekend there is definitely no BOSCH logo in UK stock.

638.- EUR for the rears
    456.- EUR for the front

both versions on main stock, next day delivery if ordered up to 1600
    directly at dealership
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

I received my Euro rear assemblies today. Very nice box, it will help with shipping imho.

I think the first thing that disappointed me is that there no bulb holders... I called out Marin Porsche on this and they told me they don't come with them, you have to buy them separately.

You also don't get screws or seals.... Which I understand to a lesser degree.

But, if you find an NOS one, or bought them new when they were available you got the bulb holders, screws and seals.

The assemblies themselves are very nice. I haven't taken them out of the final plastic bag yet, as I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them. The lettering is "ok", I compared to an original and I think they compare well.

Just seems odd to me as they talk about the bulb holders in the Originale 6 article like it was a part of the assembly. So, maybe my dealer stripped them out to sell them separately? JP has fronts coming soon from a different dealership, maybe his will come with bulb holders.

Incorrect tooling marks on the backs of the housings.

Hey Brad, do yours come with bulb holders?

Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Soterik; 10-12-2020 at 12:52 PM.

If you don't want to keep them, Eric, send them to me. Happy to pay you for them and take some close-up, side-by-side photos for everyone to compare.

My Euro fronts are arriving Friday. I'll take photos when they get here.