Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fs: 307747s . . .

Fs: 307747s . . .

VIN = 307747S
    Eng# =
    Trans# = ?
    Prod# = ?

'. . . This 1967 Porsche 911S coupe dates from the first year of production and was reportedly driven by a Florida mechanic for many years before being parked in a pole barn in 1993. The car was acquired by the seller from the previous owner’s granddaughter as a non-running project in 2018, and is said to retain 911S-specific equipment including a 2.0-liter flat-six with triple-choke Weber carburetors, a dogleg five-speed manual transaxle, 15″ Fuchs wheels, fog lamps, and more. This 911S project is offered at no reserve with a spare wheel, a jack, a tool roll, and a rebuilt Florida title in the seller’s name.

The body was finished in Slate Grey from the factory and wears deteriorated paint throughout, with rust on horizontal surfaces and rotted areas including the front fenders, rear quarter panels, door edges, and backlight. A sunroof, fog lamps, and a rear window wiper are retained along with other exterior lighting, trim, glass, and bumpers.

Polished 15″ Fuchs alloy wheels feature black recesses and wear Goodyear Eagle tires. The seller notes that the right rear brake and axle are unmounted and hanging.

The cockpit is trimmed in black vinyl upholstery with textured inserts. Debris is present throughout the interior, and significant rust-through is noted in the floor pans. One headrest is missing and the driver’s window regulator is inoperable.

A wood-rimmed steering wheel is retained along with five VDO gauges, waffle-pattern dash trim, and a 911S badge. An aftermarket stereo and under-dash air conditioner were installed under previous ownership. The seller notes that the car will be sold without keys.

The front trunk houses partial liner mats in addition to a spare wheel and jack. The stamped chassis number and an included tool roll are pictured in the gallery.

The 2.0-liter Type 901/02 flat-six features two triple-choke Weber carburetors, which the seller states were inhabited by squirrels while the car was stored with its airbox removed. The engine is stamped 961591 and has not been turned over in many years. The 911S was equipped with a five-speed Type 901/50 transaxle featuring a dogleg first gear from the factory.

Rust is present throughout the underbody, and pictures detailing rot and holes are included below. A “rebuilt” tag issued by the Florida DMV was riveted to the car under previous ownership, with further details unavailable
    . . .'

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911s-coupe-11/

(Not mine)

'Nother reason I don't buy cars from Florida

Calling this one Swamp Thing

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 09-26-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Who Ya Gonna Call? . . .

. . . Canford Classics

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...hlight=canford

Restoration newbie.
    LMAO at all the BAT armchair experts who would just "sort the mechanicals and drive with patina". I guess they never heard of a monocoque.

If anyone here buys this POS I could be a buyer for the transmission, once they realise that it's 99% fubared and not worth saving.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No, it's a highly optioned early S, so someone with more money than s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ brains will resurrect it (not likely anyone here) and Swamp Thing great name! will get a glowing post-restoration feature spread in R&T. It's inevitable.

I'm gobsmacked by the idiotic drivel about this thing -over 130 posts so far- with SEVEN days to go...
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

When I looked yesterday and saw it had bid to $15K - and heck knows how far it will go - such bidders have never been there, done that in doing such a restoration. I can't see a single piece of that car that does not need to be replaced. Talk about underwater....

Reading through just the first 10 or so posts it is obvious none of them have ever worked on a rusty 911... oh well, good thing they have money to waste - it makes good entertainment watching these things and, as Russ says, someone will do a glossy restoration and some poor sucker will buy it...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Perhaps Restoration Design will be commissioned to construct a new body for this "Thing".
    Nifty options, wrong wheels (5.5), but possibly matching numbers; contact me for the Kardex.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Assume it goes out for $20,000.00. Wheels look good for restoration and the engine has value if person decides to abandon project. Recoups $10,000.00. Or if decides to go forward drops $160,000.00 on top. All in at $180,000.00 with everything refurbed. Certainly not underwater at that price and probably at least break even. Great color. Too bad not a red interior. Balls my boy! Just takes balls. P.S. of all things the dash looks good.

Dave, if you have a copy of the Kardex please post it... the engine and trans numbers are 961591 and 104571 respectively.

I don't know, Thom. Conservatively, easily $120K + worth of metal work, another $60-80K for mechanicals, toss in $20-30 for interior and all the fiddly bits. There's close to no upside in restoration of this one.
    Oddly, it appears the dash pad is a replacement, and the "rebuilt" FDMV tag won't go away because cubic dollars were thrown at it. Would love to know if it was wrecked, stolen or burned. In '93 it was just an old 911.

It will be entertaining to watch, sort of like planned steam locomotives or surplus WWI aircraft crashes were in the late 1920s.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Russ

Agree and Disagree. You seem high on Metal and interior. Asse door panels $900.00. Excellent used seats $2000. Rennman has or had rears seats with surrounds for $850.00. Refinish steering wheel $1,500.00 Used doors $600.00 to $800.00. Used fenders $1200.00. Full body pan $2,000.00. Restoration design sheet metal $2,000.00. Assuming rear quarters and rear deck lid salvageable $20,000.00 for a good body man. Not prepared at this point to dispute your mechanical estimate. Ask me how I know. https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...ight=Aftermath

Tom