Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fs: 307747s . . .

Well, used metal isn't common anymore, but my guestimate is based more on time than the readily available reproduction materials.
    Just finished my '67 S which was extremely solid, but the metal work time was not insubstantial... this poor car will need everything.

Like Eric, I once got a '68 S Targa cheap, it too had sat in mud. Not as bad as this one but pretty frightening to me: you could poke your finger through the rear torsion tube supports.
    Car flipped to Europe at a profit where it was restored with "G" slam panel, driver's B pillar and god knows what else. Rare though, not many '68 S Sporto Targas.

Don't know if it sold yet or not but the asking price was ridiculous considering what they went to work with. Oh yeah, a manufactured "California history" was included along with "numbers macthing" 901 tranny...
    Last edited by Bullethead; 09-15-2020 at 09:52 AM.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Don't do my own work so I have to pay for everything. I'm just the gopher/finder of parts. Just reviewed the pictures on BAT. Will also need used bumpers. But also noted that this is a sunroof (caching+) Still got all its glass. Wheels are a downer and probably add another $3000 net unrestored as can sell off the 5.5". Wish Jim Breazeale would chime in as to how much used stuff with be in the aggrgate. Would be fun extimate. Just noted that Stoddard has a revised floor pan with the proper number of dimples for $1100.00 for the whole pan
    Last edited by doigthom; 09-15-2020 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Sold for $54,000. Bring a tetanus shot.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Even with my conservative numbers this guy is under water. Only way he keeps his head above is if he does every bit of the work himself. Would still be close to break even. Anybody here the new owner?

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Even with my conservative numbers this guy is under water. Only way he keeps his head above is if he does every bit of the work himself. Would still be close to break even. Anybody here the new owner?
    I came within 1 second of buying that car. The system had an old credit card in it. By the time I changed it and got back to the bidding....it had closed as soon as I hit the 54,500 button.

Those cars don't fall off trees. (although, admittedly, this looked like it did)

Nothing to do with making money LOL.... strictly want.....or......as many would characterize it.....more money than brains.
    ‘87 911
    ‘66 304307
    S Registry #3791
    David Cate

conventional wisdom is that car was over bought. He'll make something on that car. Reason being....you can't find them.
    ‘87 911
    ‘66 304307
    S Registry #3791
    David Cate

time for a gutted 912 donor car.

Quote Originally Posted by whatnot View Post
    . . . He'll make something on that car . . .
    . . . = why to post those VINs

'Cause --- they'll ALL come back . . . eventually

Prices for finished cars and original parts have eroded from 2016 levels. However labor has not. Recently I was looking at a SWB that was restored to a good level in Hungary. What is the cost to have work done in Eastern Europe? Whatever it is, it still won't make this a financially viable proposition

Quote Originally Posted by 50/50 View Post
    Recently I was looking at a SWB that was restored to a good level in Hungary.
    If it was a ‘67 sunroof “S” please PM me.

Thanks

David
    Last edited by whatnot; 09-24-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    ‘87 911
    ‘66 304307
    S Registry #3791
    David Cate