Thread: FS: 65 911 Bali Blue Project

FS: 65 911 Bali Blue Project

In primer, needs paint and assembly. Stripped down to bare metal and meticulously prepared. Shut lines are near-perfect may need some minor tweaking. True 65, built in June, #14XX. Car started out as a very solid driver, never hit (see photo - shown with 5.5 wheels but includes rechromed, date stamped 4.5s). Limited ownership. All numbers matching including all body panels (last three digits of the chassis number). Rare Bali Blue over fawn interior (houndstooth added). Includes COA and Kardex and clear title from previous owner. Rebuilt Solex carbs with all hard lines and original air cleaner assembly; rebuilt dual fuel pumps, rebuilt distributor; rebuilt pedal assembly; wood steering wheel with correct aluminum spline in process of referb; completely new interior ready to install including recovered dash. Fuel tank with original sombrero was recoated inside with red-coat. Rebuilt long block. Transmission was not rebuilt as it was shifting perfectly while I drove it for five years; includes new clutch, pressure plate and bearing. Everything re-chromed including wheels, doorframes and quarter windows all assembled; all chrome trim, etc. All black sheet metal including black engine parts and other bits powder coated or painted with Imron. Original Nadella axles rebuilt with new u-joints machine from billet and hardened, new bearing caps. Hardware and other parts replated in clear zinc. Original signal lamps in excellent condition, polished with new seals installed. All new weatherstrip included. All original glass. The only thing I can think of that is missing is a carpet set; fuel tank will need to be refinished, rest of engine built up, caliper rebuilds (cores included), fuel lines formed (kit included). Includes long list of new parts. Too many details to mention, best to PM me for details if interested. $130K
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John912; 09-14-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

More photos.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

Bump for super rare color combination true 65 911, hard work done.....
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

Cool car John, GLWS!

John - Great project here with much of the heavy lifting done... Sorry to see you selling, but GLWTS!!!
    rs

Thanks Jesse & RS -- Felt a bit overwhelmed as a "hobbyist" simultaneously taking on two projects.

I'll focus on my Polo Red 66 that you'll remember RS, I'm having it repainted and the task of putting that back together will be much more relaxed; I did the mechanicals several years ago.

65 Bali is sold and going to a worthy caretaker who is having it restored by a competent shop. You're missing some nice fall weather here in CT -- hope all is well in your new location!

John
    John Schiavone

Connecticut