Thread: Fuel Pump Failure

Fuel Pump Failure

I have a 1975 911 that was backdated to 1970 looks w a 3.0 and PMOs. We replaced the front cross member w an Al cross member and moved the fuel pump from the back of the car to the front of the car, I believe perched on top of the front cross member. This is the second fuel pump I've had go belly up in the past 18 months. Any ideas? I don't remember the name of the fuel pump manuf but it's installed by Steinel's in Twinsburgh, OH, and they have never let me down. They can't get my car in until next week and wanted to check with the forums to see if someone had an idea? I checked fuses and everything is aok. When I turn on the ignition you don't get that familiar buzz from behind the dash of the fuel pump delivering fuel from the gas tank to the carbs. Car starts.

If the car starts and runs , seems the pump is working . Can you drive it ? Maybe you can't hear it because of the new location ?