Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harvey Weidman is okay—physically, anyway

Just bought RSR rims from Harvey. Was vey nice and super knowledgaeable to deal with. All of a sudden, when my rims will ship, pales in comparison to human life and treasured life memories and property!

I will pray for Harvey and his extended family for good health and hopefully no or little damage to his buildings.
    Thanks for the notice and will appreciate any updates.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Best wishes to Harvey and family

Hang in there Harvey !!
    George Kehler in Tennessee

1955 356 coupe
    1971 911S (knee deep in restoration)
    1997 993 Targa

Good morning. For those hoping for an update, I'm with you and left a message with Harvey yesterday—but don't want to push further than that.

EDIT: Harvey is still waiting to learn more, too. He'll reach out when he knows, and very much appreciates the support of this community.
    Last edited by stout; 09-20-2020 at 07:30 AM.

It was good to see Harvey respond today to the previous thread about Fuchs restorations. If his mind is back on wheel-related matters I’ll take that as a good sign.

Alan
    N.J.
    Alan
    N.J.

1964 E-Type roadster
    1969 911S
    1988 328GTB
    2002 Maranello

Keep safe Harvey and family...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

All the best to Harvey, his family and all the people suffering from the fires.
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

So the news isn't good: Harvey's family lost their home, as did his brother, Al (who many of us know well), and his brother in law to the other side. It's hard to process, even from here, and I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for Harvey and his family.

I don't know all of the insurance details—and am not comfortable sharing what I do know—but I understand a lot of people in that area had their fire insurance canceled after the Camp fire. I spoke to Chuck this morning, and it sounds like he and Mike are setting up a gofundme to help Harvey's family in this time. I'll let them share more on that.

Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter