Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Weidman is okay—physically, anyway

Harvey Weidman is okay—physically, anyway

Just spoke to Harvey Weidman, and he asked that I let folks know that he and his family are physically okay after evacuating due to the Bear Fire.

Harvey and his family fortunately have a bungalow in town, and the shop is in town and okay also—but it's unclear whether their forever home and home garage/shop made it through (indications aren't good). His brother, Al, and his brother-in-law live on either side of them. The good news is they made it out alive and physically unscathed, but please say a prayer or hold out hope for our friends. Not sure how we can best support Harvey, but I got the sense he's a little worried about having to repeat everything over and over—so maybe leave a note here in support for now. As many of you know, he's one of the nicest people you'll meet at EASY on a Saturday morning—and his contribution to the hobby here and elsewhere is hard to measure.

These fires…

Pete --- Glad to hear Harvey and family are OK. Thank you for posting this information. We will be praying that the homes will be safe from this horrible fire.

David

Thanks so much for the update Pete ...

I talked to Harvey about 2 weeks ago and was going follow-up today...

Good thoughts going his way...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

best of luck Harvey..

Yes, thanks for posting Pete. Glad to hear they’re “physically” fine. That’s all that matters in the end - BUT - I do hope and pray that their homes, shops and goods are okay too.
    Reg#2218

Harvey called me after talking with Pete...

He will keep us informed on the status and we'll relay to you'all here...

cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Harvey's contribution to our passion for Early 911s is immeasurable! Every project I have done has Harvey's wheels on it. Keep safe, Harvey.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Thanks for the update Pete. Just talked to him a couple weeks ago when he called to say my latest set of wheels were done... sure hope the homefront is saved. Pray for some rain in the area, with NO lighting!
    1971 914- original owner
    1973 914 2.0
    1972 911T targa
    2016 981 spyder
    2014 turbo S coupe
    2019 RS5 sportback

God bless Harvey and his family. I hope he is able to get back home soon and back to his fine art of Fuchs restoration.
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

Still thinking about this, and my friend.

The product, as we all know, is peerless. But that's just a reflection of who Harvey is as a person, friend, and family member.
    Last edited by stout; 09-18-2020 at 05:56 AM.