Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Harvey and Sue Weidman needs our help ...

Harvey,
    Very glad to hear you and your family survived this tragic event. Today is my 80th birthday and yesterday was 911/302672 ‘ s 55th. Decided it was time to do a good deed and provide some assistance for one of the most enthusiastic Porsche persons anywhere. Prayers for your family, may the good Lord be kind to you and your recoveries timely.

302672 / John Burton

Guys,

Every bit helps........
    Please give what you can...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hey Chuck, how did this go? How is Harvey and family?
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

I’m new and it was great to see this organized, thank you Chuck.

Thumbs up

Hey Chuck, how did this go? How is Harvey and family?
    As you can see when you hit the link we're up to almost $79,000 …
    BIG thanks to all that has contributed so far...

I talked to Harvey the other day and He, Sue, and the family are SO VERY appreciative... it's hard for him to express it...

They're now dealing with the different bureaucracy's to move forward...It's frustrating... but it's moving little by little...

He said he will post here and give all of us an update soon...

Holiday Cheers and Thanks Again... and please give what you can...

The ESR
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

First above all, your support has been over whelming. I have fallen back on your comments and support more that I could have imagined. This Porsche “hobby” and the people associated with it have been a big part of what I have done with my life. This ‘event’ has brought us even closer. I have never been prouder of my association with this group of Porsche enthusiasts.

I promised to update but there hasn’t really been anything new to report until now. I spend most of my time when I’m not working looking through the ash for something recognizable. A tool here, a part there and occasionally a treasure like our special order enameled Jotul wood stove… but mostly unusable junk. I have removed and sorted most of the recyclable aluminum wheels. I removed burnt steel wheels, cleaned and painted them and put on tires for my old box trailer. That way, I can sort and move stuff that may be savable out of the way of the upcoming FEMA clean up. I had a very nice pile after months of digging and sorting. I guess the looters though it was a nice pile too because when I went back to work on the property last week, most of my treasures were hauled off by the looters. It was really depressing. After the fire destroying so much of our life’s work and the fire insurance cancelled because of the recent big California fires, this was a definite set back. Just being able to save anything became almost a miracle to us. I am done with coming home filthy from ash and dead tired from digging. Now I am anxious to get the property cleaned off and move on. FEMA has approved the clean up and they should be starting soon. It may take up to 2 years to get fully hazard free. The county said if I take out a permit to rebuild, it will bump me up, so that is what we’ll be looking at in the near future.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks for the update Harvey …. The stuff about the looters makes me NUTS !!!!

Sounds like you're safe, healthy, working...…. and dealing with it all

Anything you still need please ask.... and keep us posted...

Best to you and Sue,

Chuck / ESR
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Sorry, it has been a while since my last update. FEMA clean up was agonizingly slow. Then dealing with the building department bureaucrats took a pile of paperwork. Finally, we received our building permit, although it is just for temporary power. The rest of the building paperwork for the actual house and workshop looks like it will take years. This is the first step in who knows what life will bring. At least we will be able to do some RVing at the property and clean up the rest of the partially burned trees. Sue and I want to thank all of you that helped us get back going again. Your efforts and thoughts kept us going on many bleak days..
    Now maybe we can get back to doing some Porsche driving...and building new cars... without worrying abut the property....at least until the next bit of paperwork is due.
    Thanks again and hopefully my next post will be a comment on some complicated Porsche question....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for the update Harvey. I think of you and Sue often and hope to get up to Oroville this summer with my car. I wish you the best as you trudge through the paperwork to get a new home built. Shame on the State and County for making this process so difficult for fire victims.

and I thought it was on Australia Authorities who behaved like dills following a major bushfire event...of which we have many.

Sorry to hear the process is so slow Harvey our thoughts are with you
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6