Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harvey and Sue Weidman needs our help ...

Thanks to everyone. We are truly humbled with the outpouring of support. It is a difficult time for us and we will get through it. I'm not sure how all of it will come out right now but I'll try to keep everyone informed as best as I can. Here are some photos (before the blue trim) that we had on our computer. Snow is a good photo op. Is a little unusual and always makes the property look nicer...The Pine and oak trees in the center of the house are still visible after the fire. The foundation is bare, even the ash from the wood studs was swept away by the intense up draft.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Here is one of the shop. We built a complete shop for scaling down and moving home. The bead blaster, compressor and polishing lathe (on the left edge of the photo). The only wheels stored were our inventory-no customers wheels. About 200 wheels destroyed, mostly dust or puddles. The recognizable damaged wheels were stored in the paint room. No Fuchs were injured in this tragedy....
    Last edited by Harvey Weidman; 09-28-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Our Garage/Apartment. At least that is what we called it. It was made as a guest house. The red writing on the driveway is from the Coroners search team. All buildings were searched, the ones that had metal roofs were removed and then searched with cadaver dogs before releasing...It has the ALL CLEAR marks on it...

Just speechless at the physical loss and heat that must have swept through. All the very best Harvey.
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Heartbreaking, Harvey. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family at this time.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

If you have ever met Harvey you know immediately he is a man of his word and as honest as the day is long. He has done a couple of sets of wheels for me and the wheels on my '71 914-6 were done by Harvey and Sue. Just great people and they deserve our support. Donated and proud to do it.

Couldn't have been 3 weeks ago I talked with Harvey as the wheels for my '72 targa were done. He'd also done a couple sets for my 914's over the years... you always hear about these fires (and see the smoke here in AZ) but never actually know someone affected. What a tragedy...
    1971 914- original owner
    1973 914 2.0
    1972 911T targa
    2016 981 spyder
    2014 turbo S coupe
    2019 RS5 sportback

Living in south eastern Australia we know of these horror-events all too well.
    My contribution is but a tiny drop in the ocean, but I hope with 'go-fund-me' that many little bits make for a substantial starting point.
    Wish you and your family lots of strength in these difficult times and that you can quickly build another home.

Patrick
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

I’m so sorry Harvey, you have many friends here. let’s all pitch in and give Harvey a helping hand.
    Rob Abbott

Harvey,

Sorry to hear about your house. I'm glad you and your family are okay.
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167