Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What weight did the ST Repsol brothers have?

What weight did the ST Repsol brothers have?

According to the attached document, only one of the repsol S / T was light-bodied? How much would the other weigh?

Name:  1970-porsche-911-1k3cs73yc-13-780x520.jpg
Views: 1402
Size:  29.8 KB

https://newsroom.porsche.com/es_ES/h...psol-9021.html

as explained in the text above the documents My understanding is they were identical twin cars and the error is in the build book - someone forgot to write in "Rallye 930kg" not that there were differences between the cars
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    as explained in the text above the documents My understanding is they were identical twin cars and the error is in the build book - someone forgot to write in "Rallye 930kg" not that there were differences between the cars
    Thanks Hughh
    So the "ALPINCHE" has a 2.5 ST engine?
    +
    I think I have misunderstood, the mountaineering engine has an R engine from another colleague, nothing to do with these S / T! Is there a graphic document of the VIN 49 or the accident? salds
    +
    Name:  16386912_1272720476151498_1277098508226163670_n.jpg
Views: 1410
Size:  52.1 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 10-15-2020 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post

'. . . 19.02.2019 In the early 1970s, two Spanish rally drivers, Eladio Doncel and Alberto Ruiz-Giménez, participated in this type of competition with two identical Porsche 911 ST 2.3s. One of those 911s, which was competing in the Group 4 category, has successfully stood the test of time and is today preserved, maintained and driven in Bavaria.

Repsol. When motorsport enthusiasts hear the name of the oil company today, their thinking inevitably flies to the queen categories of competition and to the official teams with the most advanced means of the time, both in MotoGP, and in the motorsport championships in circuits or rallies.

As early as 1970, Repsol had decided to form a competition team under the leadership of the Spanish rally driver Eladio Doncel. The team had a budget of more than eight million pesetas. The cars were two Porsche 911 ST 2.3, to participate as Group 4, a category that was not chosen at random but made economic sense. The Spanish legislation considered these vehicles as “sports equipment” and, in contrast to the Group 3 which were closer to the series passenger cars, they did not have to pay customs duties or import taxes.

Eladio Doncel personally collected the cars in Stuttgart and brought them to Spain with license plates 428-Z-9869 and 428-Z-9743. Shortly after, the Repsol logo, with the white “R” on a blue background and with a red border, decorated the two nine-eleven races. Elacio Doncel and Alberto Ruiz-Giménez participated in various rallies alongside their respective co-drivers. In 1970, they dominated the Spanish Rally Championship and Alberto Ruiz-Giménez won the title at the end of the season, followed by his teammate Eladio Doncel. The team continued to be successful and carried the Porsche flag in Spain very high, until Eladio Doncel had a serious accident at the Oviedo International Rally in September 1972, and his car was completely destroyed, with no possibility of repair. Eladio Doncel and his co-driver Antonio G.

"El Oso", nickname by which Alberto Ruiz-Giménez was known, participated in some tests on the circuit, in 1972, with an Opel Commodore, and at that time another Spanish driver, José Manuel Lencina, got behind the wheel of his Porsche 911 ST 2.3. The Porsche customer, Miguel López Jiménez, finally bought the car in the mid-eighties, repainted it and used it on the road. At the beginning of 2015, this 911 ST 2.3 went to its current owner, Nikolas Knoll, who resides south of Munich.

An economist by profession, Knoll has been fascinated by vehicles and their technology since he was a child, first through mopeds, later with cars, and for the past fifteen years exclusively with Porsche. “I was poisoned by Porsche long before I got this one, by a friend who regularly had cars built in the old sports car department for customers in Helmut Pietsch. Of course, as a teenage rally fan I was very enthusiastic, ”says the 57-year-old who, with the help of friends and experts, started working on his own cars with great passion.

Step by step both the original and the replica have been completed
    In 2014, this enthusiasm for Porsche and technology eventually led him to convert a 1970 911 S into a 911 ST 2.3. For this he used all the special parts that the competition manual of the time "Sporttechnische Leitfaden für Porsche-Fahrer" recommended for this vehicle. These included fins, hood and bumpers made of fiberglass reinforced plastic, as well as lightweight Plexiglas glass for the sides and rear, lightweight door panels, a widened rear spoiler, a lowered chassis, Fuchs wheels seven-inch front and nine-inch Minilite rear and, of course, a more powerful engine.

Although it maintains the crankshaft, camshaft and connecting rods of the 911 S as standard, the vehicle has hard chrome cylinder liners, with a diameter of 85 millimeters. The car is also equipped with special cylinder heads with larger channels and two small spark plugs for each combustion chamber, in addition to a Marelli distributor, Carrera 6 camshafts and a Weber 46 IDA 3C carburettor. While Knoll was in the middle of the ST conversion process, in 2015, he found the Repsol 911 ST 2.3 that had survived. “Unfortunately, I had some engine damage, but after a thorough visual inspection with experts, I didn't hesitate for a second and made the decision: now you have two,” recalls Knoll. With the idea of ​​keeping the original look, He only had to replace small things like the seats and the rear bumper on the old Spanish racing car. Step by step, both the original and the replica were completed. Today, both are the delight of historic rally fans, especially when they appear at classic racing events
    . . .'

Name:  repsolst5.jpg
Views: 1395
Size:  62.3 KBName:  REPSOLX1.jpg
Views: 1352
Size:  46.6 KBName:  1970-porsche-911-1k3cs73yc-17-780x520.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  53.6 KBName:  REPSOLX2.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  20.1 KB

this image is supposed to be from the 911 S / T accident !! We look at the color scheme, bumper, the black stripe (on the crashed car) is larger than in the images that I have compiled and I also believe that the stripes that run through the car are not the same ... They fell off with the accident ? Am I misjudging the color scheme?
    Name:  strrr.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  407.1 KB

I would attach all the photos that I have been collecting from the repsol through the forum and on the web but I do not want to distort S / T treadh

I have obtained the attached photo of the accident from the following link:
    https://www.facebook.com/RallyPrince...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    '. . . 19.02.2019 In the early 1970s, two Spanish rally drivers, Eladio Doncel and Alberto Ruiz-Giménez, participated in this type of competition with two identical Porsche 911 ST 2.3s. One of those 911s, which was competing in the Group 4 category, has successfully stood the test of time and is today preserved, maintained and driven in Bavaria.

Repsol. When motorsport enthusiasts hear the name of the oil company today, their thinking inevitably flies to the queen categories of competition and to the official teams with the most advanced means of the time, both in MotoGP, and in the motorsport championships in circuits or rallies.

As early as 1970, Repsol had decided to form a competition team under the leadership of the Spanish rally driver Eladio Doncel. The team had a budget of more than eight million pesetas. The cars were two Porsche 911 ST 2.3, to participate as Group 4, a category that was not chosen at random but made economic sense. The Spanish legislation considered these vehicles as “sports equipment” and, in contrast to the Group 3 which were closer to the series passenger cars, they did not have to pay customs duties or import taxes.

Eladio Doncel personally collected the cars in Stuttgart and brought them to Spain with license plates 428-Z-9869 and 428-Z-9743. Shortly after, the Repsol logo, with the white “R” on a blue background and with a red border, decorated the two nine-eleven races. Elacio Doncel and Alberto Ruiz-Giménez participated in various rallies alongside their respective co-drivers. In 1970, they dominated the Spanish Rally Championship and Alberto Ruiz-Giménez won the title at the end of the season, followed by his teammate Eladio Doncel. The team continued to be successful and carried the Porsche flag in Spain very high, until Eladio Doncel had a serious accident at the Oviedo International Rally in September 1972, and his car was completely destroyed, with no possibility of repair. Eladio Doncel and his co-driver Antonio G.

"El Oso", nickname by which Alberto Ruiz-Giménez was known, participated in some tests on the circuit, in 1972, with an Opel Commodore, and at that time another Spanish driver, José Manuel Lencina, got behind the wheel of his Porsche 911 ST 2.3. The Porsche customer, Miguel López Jiménez, finally bought the car in the mid-eighties, repainted it and used it on the road. At the beginning of 2015, this 911 ST 2.3 went to its current owner, Nikolas Knoll, who resides south of Munich.

An economist by profession, Knoll has been fascinated by vehicles and their technology since he was a child, first through mopeds, later with cars, and for the past fifteen years exclusively with Porsche. “I was poisoned by Porsche long before I got this one, by a friend who regularly had cars built in the old sports car department for customers in Helmut Pietsch. Of course, as a teenage rally fan I was very enthusiastic, ”says the 57-year-old who, with the help of friends and experts, started working on his own cars with great passion.

Step by step both the original and the replica have been completed
    In 2014, this enthusiasm for Porsche and technology eventually led him to convert a 1970 911 S into a 911 ST 2.3. For this he used all the special parts that the competition manual of the time "Sporttechnische Leitfaden für Porsche-Fahrer" recommended for this vehicle. These included fins, hood and bumpers made of fiberglass reinforced plastic, as well as lightweight Plexiglas glass for the sides and rear, lightweight door panels, a widened rear spoiler, a lowered chassis, Fuchs wheels seven-inch front and nine-inch Minilite rear and, of course, a more powerful engine.

Although it maintains the crankshaft, camshaft and connecting rods of the 911 S as standard, the vehicle has hard chrome cylinder liners, with a diameter of 85 millimeters. The car is also equipped with special cylinder heads with larger channels and two small spark plugs for each combustion chamber, in addition to a Marelli distributor, Carrera 6 camshafts and a Weber 46 IDA 3C carburettor. While Knoll was in the middle of the ST conversion process, in 2015, he found the Repsol 911 ST 2.3 that had survived. “Unfortunately, I had some engine damage, but after a thorough visual inspection with experts, I didn't hesitate for a second and made the decision: now you have two,” recalls Knoll. With the idea of ​​keeping the original look, He only had to replace small things like the seats and the rear bumper on the old Spanish racing car. Step by step, both the original and the replica were completed. Today, both are the delight of historic rally fans, especially when they appear at classic racing events
    . . .'
    "The Spanish legislation considered these vehicles as “sports equipment” and, in contrast to the Group 3 which were closer to the series passenger cars, they did not have to pay customs duties or import taxes.
    "
    In our case, the Canary Islands was the only point in Spain which was not taxed due to the free ports law. Due to this, many important cars (if not all) entered the islands. Miuras, Mercedes and many other brands more. They came, enrolled and took them away. We have many examples of these in family stories. One close to a mercedes de julio iglesias that something happened to him with the handbrake .... I mean, how would the free ports law benefit by bringing a car here compared to how Eladio did, with import plates ?
    Name:  miura.jpg
Views: 1315
Size:  65.7 KBName:  lambo jarama.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  96.1 KBName:  as.jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  112.8 KBName:  lambob.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  70.7 KBName:  cochesss.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  185.6 KB
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/386525661367931/

There is a 911 RS that was registered in Tenerife and did not even set wheel in Tenerife ...
    Name:  rstf.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  131.8 KB

+

I was confused again, the car I showed in the accident belongs to eladio!

Name:  eladio doncel.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  131.0 KB
    What vehicle is the one shown in the last image? a 911R a 911 ST

Name:  artivulostpregunt.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  36.8 KB
    https://www.artebellum.com/en/classi...70-porsche-911

Eladio had an accident with one of the 911 S / T twins in 72? Is this vehicle in the wrecked image the one that is listed as the crashed S / T? I do not see that it is burned but the image of the accident shows a very strong blow. Eladio had several strong blows? Is the image of the accident from eladio?
    Name:  clasifi.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  181.5 KB

Those small fins are by regulation?

https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...eladio-doncel/

I think there is something strange in these vehicles. Different articles cite Eladio's accident with a twin 911 S / T. The S / T accident was in the oviedo rally in 1972. Eladio's only accident according to WRC. The image of the wrecked car to which it belongs? If we go to facebook we find the publication for the image shown "before the accident". The bottom of the image cites the vehicle as the porsche 911 Rally Oviedo 1972, the porsche in the parc fermé before the accident.
    Name:  eladio1972.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  57.8 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 10-15-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Name:  820822_601089466584528_153269438_o.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  169.4 KB

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX

in cars so perfectly recognized, why cover the engine number of the two vehicles? Having one been destroyed? How important is it? Or what is the interest in that?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 10-16-2020 at 02:40 AM.

same number identification?
    Name:  post-2404-1255546163.jpg
Views: 1222
Size:  100.2 KBName:  matricula.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  62.4 KB

diferents cars¿?

missing digits in this license plate?
    Name:  820822_601089466584528_153269438_o.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  169.4 KB
    +
    Name:  7enmatricula.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  83.7 KB
    is it a 7 or is it my imagination?

Name:  121701893_10213992580648938_3372390380205427992_n.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  45.6 KBName:  Marc Etchebers1972.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  145.8 KB

do you see the black rear fin?

this vehicle is cited as 2.2 S
    Last edited by _gonbau; 10-16-2020 at 04:30 AM.

1736 CX 33, if a French registration, like I think it may be, was issued during the first semester of 1971.
    And usually for a racing 911 registered in Gironde (33 at the end of the registration), there is a connection with Jean Egreteaud who was a Porsche dealer of Bordeaux.

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    1736 CX 33, if a French registration, like I think it may be, was issued during the first semester of 1971.
    And usually for a racing 911 registered in Gironde (33 at the end of the registration), there is a connection with Jean Egreteaud who was a Porsche dealer of Bordeaux.
    Could you say then that the photos of the damaged vehicle would correspond to this license plate? Now I have to see if the accident he had was really with an S / T or it was with the aforementioned 2.2s.
    I don't know if I'm correct.
    what do you mean girone? I do not understand correctly, regards