Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What weight did the ST Repsol brothers have?

Could someone tell me that I would be interested in registering the S / T in 2001 as S / T? If before it was a mistake ... why do it again when exporting outside of Spain? Is it another error about this vehicle or here in Spain could they really be imported as S / T? Does anyone have the Spanish traffic documents for this vehicle? Was it registered as S / T? When was your first Spanish registration? Did I go directly to historical registration? "HXXXX" Regarding the differences, thanks for supporting my theory, if we put that together, with the position of the hood latches (in each car they are in different positions) we can differentiate the vehicles in historical images ...

Is there traceability on this vehicle?

Name:  SautoEnrique_image012egreteaud.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  83.0 KB

Looking at the image, you could tell that the car or the hood almost certainly had a hit. Doesn't square with the center "air" grille ....

same "de"effect.
    Name:  sdfsdf.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  176.1 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 07-17-2021 at 05:52 AM.

I have a question about 51 in its later stage with Leon De Cos!
    I do not know about the subject of enrollment but what I have learned from here I would like to ask. This that you see in the image is a ZOLL license plate (imported)?

Name:  vy5e6w (1).jpg
Views: 571
Size:  66.7 KB

if this is so. We can see that the vehicle was not registered with Spanish registration. Even having spent years since entering the country? The first registration that the vehicle had was in 2001 if I remember correctly, As S / T in its papers ... (I have to check the registration before the historical one if it had) (here in Spain when a car passes to historical the registration that it had is changed and it acquires an H). So I wonder. What kind of problem could there have been for not registering these cars until the year 2000?

Matricula: H0548BBB
    VIN: 9110301151
    Marca: PORSCHE
    Modelo: 911 ST
    Cilindrada: 2247
    1º matriculacion: 16/02/2001

How many STs as such are registered in Spain? And why in 2001 was it allowed to write down the vehicle as S / T?

Name:  st españa22.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  36.4 KB

Listed as S / T in Spain traffic for now this one, my father's car ... I'll keep looking

https://sedeclave.dgt.gob.es/WEB_INTV_INTER/xhtml/acciones/iniciarDatosVerificacion.jsf

from that page you can cross-reference VINS numbers and license plates. If you have the VIN you add it. It gives you the license plate and the model. If you have a registration it will give you VIN and model. This page is an official page of the traffic agency here in Spain, therefore I do not know if to use it you will need the contact of someone from Spain.
    +
    If someone has a Vin or Spanish registration that wants to consult for research reasons and wants to see a registration, you can ask me!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by _gonbau; 07-19-2021 at 04:05 AM.

I am in contact with Lencina! Yesterday seeing this post I remembered that Huhgg had told me that "I could ask him" ... I had not stopped to think that Mr. Lencina would still be alive. I sent him a message to talk and he told me that next week he would be happy to talk to me. For now I'll ask you about the 49 engine and the vehicle itself. One week.

Name:  19731874_1457638950978736_1703503966426466569_n.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  157.5 KB

in the event that 49 is not destroyed. I'm sure it continued to be used for sporting purposes but my question is. Did I end up in the hands of Egreteaud because of Eladio's destruction of the other vehicle? After oviedo. There is no document where 51 is seen but which in turn looks like 49? ... I would not be surprised to find 49 at some point in some image or event where it would be uncritical as 51. When it was in the hands of Leon de Cos Why did he still have a ZOLL license? And also, a different ZOLL license plate? How would this be possible? Chaining import license plates one after the other?

Name:  leon de cos.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  67.7 KBName:  vy5e6w (1).jpg
Views: 539
Size:  66.7 KB

two license plates for the same car? ..... The ZOLL plates were interchangeable?

this idea would square me in the head along with the change of colors. It would seem totally another vehicle without any appearance with the S / T repsol
    Last edited by _gonbau; 07-22-2021 at 03:00 AM.

Gonbau,

you would be amazed at the extent of change that privateer teams would carryout to there cars event to event. Remember these teams had little money and they would often paint them different colours, add stickers etc to suit the sponsors who were partly funding them. The Jean pierre Gaban racing team were well know for giving young drivers a drive if they could persuade there places of work to sponsor the car. Gaban cars were used for endurance, hill climbing and rally driving.
    This would often involve switching wheels, fuel tanks, engines and gearboxes, often in the same chassis.

Interesting fact.... The Gaban 1968 Le mans winning 911 changed appearance and was also forwarded dated to compete in rally driving right into
    1980's.

Pictured below.

Dave

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  104.9 KB

*****In this post it was marked 51, I got confused at the time of writing it, I wanted to say 49. I correct it!

vin 1149* was destroyed by fire. That's what Lencina says.
    Name:  accidente lencinaaaaaa.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  67.3 KB

How was the 49* engine saved if it caught fire? The 1149* burned from the front instead of the rear? I will continue investigating this vehicle to see what I find and I am also still waiting for Lencina's response.
    Lencina has had to be aware of all this since I have realized that she is in the group of classic cars of Tenerife where I have made some publication about this, what I do not understand is because I do not publish anything in reference to these cars when comment the matter there.

someone has place or information about that fire? In what event was it? A Spanish event? Or international .....?

With Lencina's words we can confirm that the articles on the porsche where they cite that 49* was the vehicle for the Oviedo accident are wrong. But, if the 51* is supposed to have the 49* engine (removed after a "fire"), where is the 49 engine and why was it changed if they were identical engines? and the transmission box? Does 49* keep his original or does he also have 49*?

+

In this document it is said that the car caught fire in Oviedo, something that we can see in images is incorrect. Lencina refers to this fire ... or were there more fires supposedly related to vehicle 1149*.?

Name:  artivulostpregunt.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  36.8 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 08-03-2021 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    as explained in the text above the documents My understanding is they were identical twin cars and the error is in the build book - someone forgot to write in "Rallye 930kg" not that there were differences between the cars

who confirms the error of the annotation in the book?

"This is correct for sure, but after this moment one mechanic says cars went to Germany, and another says at least one of the cars went to a privateer call Castelló and after two years 73 74 (when he crashed and repaired) car went to a driver call Ramon Pic from Manrresa town, this shell was found 100 km away from that town, there is two teory one says El pic car was an ex-repsol car, second say it comes from original Rs ligthweigth, I´m finding out the details of Ramon Pic to try to found out more, any way the crucial question is to know if there is records of where the replacement shell where sold, any help will be much apreciate."

https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?71108-Mystery-shell-weight-specifications/page3

umm ... someone wants or can clarify something?

https://hoyodemanzanares.fandom.com/...o_Doncel_Moras

about accidents:
    We have a chronicle of the terrible accident thanks to the journalist Miguel A. Fuente Calleja, in 2021:

Rallye Ciudad de Oviedo 1972: Doncel and Mantenimientocón accident: ... In the first test so many fans gathered that traffic jams were formed everywhere. With the number 1, Estanislao Reverter's “Alpinche” co-piloted by his nephew Antonio; with number 2 the formidable Repsol rider, Eladio Doncel Moras, co-driven by Antonio Mantecón with the Porsche rented from Frenchman Jean Egreteaud.
    Take the exit at La Ermita, as the Galician pilot was called the test, driving with difficulty due to the large number of fans everywhere. Towards the middle of the test, a fast decelerating curve to the left that reached a very tight right. There Estanislao reaches a Seat 1500 driven by a clueless older person and with no apparent possible space, he manages to overtake it in the middle of the curve. Hundreds, thousands of fans broke into applause. Some climbed the pines, others on the roadside ramps, but no one could explain where the "Alpinche" managed to pass to everyone's satisfaction, and all oblivious to the tragedy that just happened a few minutes before near the exit of the stretch. Doncel's Porche 911 took off on a slight slope going to crash into a slope. The result 102 fractures in his body, separating the brave Madrid driver from the competition forever. His co-pilot Antonio Mantecón was also very serious, and before an ambulance could not get to pick them up, it was the owner of a nearby bar who evacuated them in a Land Rover. Faced with the mess concentrated there, the carburetion disappeared, another took the gear lever, temperature or oil pressure gauges, everything was useful in order to take some memory of that jumble of iron."

Name:  informacion.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  77.5 KB

Between those dates the information that we have been compiling in this post has been added to that page. The images of the accident appear and mention is also made of Egreteaud's car, therefore "therefore" we can already be sure that in Oviedo he did not run with any S / T! ... On the other hand I have been investigating more Eladio vehicles. Well ... More like Lencina. They raced here in Tenerife. And here in Tenerife they "retired" THE BMW repsol they had. This bmw I add as information ...

Name:  1e50c9e7e43d74effc7c62aecaa028b6o.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  150.3 KBName:  160756843_231179445382634_5030502408178808093_n.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  55.7 KB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3865...53228711364257

this image:
    Name:  1972 rally de la lana.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  60.6 KB
    it is after this image here:
    Name:  perdidaenganche.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  66.9 KB

correct?

in them we can see vehicle 49 (the missing one) with a blue stripe on the glass. But the detail. The hood latches in the front now have the vehicle position 51.

In all the images that I have been compiling, the vehicle with the blue stripe has the bonnet closures in the position of this image:
    Name:  REPSOLST3.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  122.5 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 08-03-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    i was told by Nikolas that the engine of #49 was taken out after the crash and later put in #51 ..where it still is today
    at the risk of appearing intrusive. Could you ask him and record it here or ask him to register to clarify some doubts? Mr. Lencina told me that the 49 was not destroyed in an accident, rather, as I already published it was in a fire and I wonder ... where that vehicle burned to save the engine.

https://hoyodemanzanares.fandom.com/...o_Doncel_Moras

Name:  Y_1972_Accidente_rally_de_Oviedo_(2).jpg
Views: 353
Size:  38.7 KB

Why did Eladio run that event with Egreteaud's rented car and not with his repsol car?

+

??
    Name:  Eladio_Doncel_pilotando_en_carrera_(8).jpg
Views: 367
Size:  78.3 KB
    ?
    Name:  aa.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  52.2 KB
    +
    Name:  Eladio_Doncel_pilotando_en_carrera_(16).jpg
Views: 383
Size:  61.4 KB
    photos obtained from the mentioned page!
    +

Name:  cierres.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  45.9 KBName:  cierres22.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  58.5 KB
    +
    Name:  anotherdifferece.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  5.8 KB
    On the hood we find a sticker that is not on the other vehicle.
    Name:  simbolo.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  54.1 KB

+
    Deltee
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-22-2022 at 02:53 AM.