Thread: Restoration

Restoration

I have a 1967 Porsche 911S. I raced the car for several years and went off road in Turn 1 at Pacific Raceway in the rain a few years ago. I am now ready to undertake the car's repair. It is an R Clone. I want to keep the R Clone status and make it an R Gruppe hot rod. It has a twin plug 2 liter with 40 mm Webers and all the trick stuff. I am looking for a shop to undertake this project. It needs a roof and some body parts and should be put on a jig.1967 Porsche 911S.JPG Any ideas appreciated.
    1967 Porsche 911S (R Clone)
    1969 Porsche 911T
    2014 Porsche GT3

Email me at Joegt3cup@att.net

Joe
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

subscribed

If you're still looking I would highly recommend calling Louis at J&L in Puyallup (https://jandlfabricating.com/). Tell him you got info from The Doc. You might already be familiar with them since he often takes cars to Pacific Raceways. He restored cars and provided trackside support for me for many years until I retired. Very honest and top notch work. Bill
    Last edited by AlfaGTA; 11-26-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    Bill Morris

I had similar work done after a very similar crash in my 72 S. It will cost you $100k to sort that.

And take two years. Best of luck and it’s worth doing, and doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTA View Post
    If you're still looking I would highly recommend calling Louis at J&L in Puyallup (https://jandlfabricating.com/). Tell him you got info from The Doc. You might already be familiar with them since he often takes cars to Pacific Raceways. He has restored cars and provided trackside support for me for many years until I retired. Very honest and top notch work. Bill
    He is good and well respected.

Funny...turn 1 at Pacific was the only time I ever spun my car. First race first lap ever.

Good luck with your project.
    Last edited by rower; 11-27-2020 at 01:12 AM.

Never been there but just watched a video of an SCCA race at Pacific Raceway. It's one of those tracks you never want to walk during a race weekend. Way too many large tree trunks and not nearly enough armco.