Thread: 1968 911L 9552 Rally Kit

1968 911L 9552 Rally Kit

There were an estimated 28 1968 911L's with the No. 9552 factory Rally kit, I would like to know if any of the 28 were Targa's.

i have a1968L Targa... what is in the 9552 rally kit?????

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    i have a1968L Targa... what is in the 9552 rally kit?????

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 3.44.23 PM.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  54.2 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    I know there is a FIA group3 homologation sheet about the only 911L and in Targa.
    https://historicdb.fia.com/car/porsche-911-l-targa

If am not mistaken, the rallye kit, like sport kit, is a factory kit from the 67/69 Porsche sport purpose manual that includes competition parts (100L fuel cell, increase HP, gearbox ratios etc.)

That is a pretty rare, and am sure that any 911 could be ordered at the factory with a rallye/sport kits, so a Targa. Kardex will tell you I believe.

There are some more knowledgeable experts here than me.

X
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Hmmm, did they charge to remove the bumper weights up front, LOL???
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

that is great info .... i like mikes response... charging for removing bumper weights ....LOL
    I have a set of bumper weights from other car years ago, but that seals the deal that i will not put them on my 1968L Targa

Apparently the engine number for a 1968L rally kit car started out 388, and all the normal 1968L engines that I have found started 328. But the car in question, a 1968 911L engine starts 308. Any advice? Its the original engine listed on the COA.

Your engine number is for a rest of world (ROW) 911L. The 911L for the USA had engine numbers starting with 328 for cars with a manual transmission.

Thanks, that's good to know.