Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 907 longtail and semi longtail history

still looking for the whereabouts of the daytona wreck (907004?).i know its a long shot...i found this foto on the internet,i assume this is at stoddards `museum`(?) the shape of the frontscreen of the car in the background does not look 910ish(and certainly not 908K) to me, which makes me think this car could be it (repaired and converted to a short tail).only 5 cars came with this extra long/narrow on top frontscreen(907001-004+007) anyone out there who has some better fotos of it + who knows for sure what car this is?
    thanks
    franz
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    ...i found this foto on the internet, i assume this is at stoddards `museum`(?)...
    That's Mr. Stoddard in the white shirt.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Jon B View Post
    That's Mr. Stoddard in the white shirt.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA
    that`s why i assumed it is at his place...

still looking for the whereabouts of the daytona wreck (907004?).i know its a long shot...i found this foto on the internet,i assume this is at stoddards `museum`(?) the shape of the frontscreen of the car in the background does not look 910ish(and certainly not 908K) to me, which makes me think this car could be it (repaired and converted to a short tail).only 5 cars came with this extra long/narrow on top frontscreen(907001-004+007) anyone out there who has some better fotos of it + who knows for sure what car this is?
    thanks
    franz
    car #55 is the one in question
    hmm maybe the blue nose car at stoddards place is car #53(907/8)..

thanks haul
    now tel me where 007 is today...
    question answered...
    https://www.interencheres.com/vehicu...agrasc-611467/
    sad to see what happened to 007....hope the new owner(if sold) decides to bring it back to it`s original (unique) look.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...ypes-for-sale)

Porsche 907-007 was also used in Sicily by Porsche for testing before the 1968 Targa Florio along with 911R prototype R2, S-YZ 29. The pictures below
    have been shared before in the Ultimate R thread, but without the inset photo of Neepasch sitting in a RHD 911. It appears that the original source was a magazine "AS". Is that an Italian motorsport magazine?

Translation by Google

NEERPASCH doesn't care
    Among the many things that Neerpasch destroyed in the accident that occurred to him with the 907 prototype, there is also the special silencer that the mechanics had applied to the machine so as not to disturb the populations of the countries crossed and not to have long incontestable reports written by the « < Street ». In our photos the << 907 » before and after use. The car with and without the muffler. But the one who seems not to care about the inconvenience is Neerpasch himself, the author of the ... crime. His expression after the accident certainly doesn't look worried

https://forum-auto.caradisiac.com/to...mment=40239747

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...=1#post1085458

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg
    Last edited by Eric Gratz; 06-03-2023 at 02:48 AM.