Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member looking for some help

New member looking for some help

Hi guys, new member here looking for some help on verifying the MY of my car.
    The reason I ask is because the car was registered as a 1966 when i bought it 10 years ago, and I have finally finished the restoration.
    When I called to have it insured, the VIN came up as a 1965 on the insurance companies system.
    I've read that this would be the place to ask, is there anyone that could help me out here?
    The VIN# is 301 107, there is no other tag on the car.
    Thank you in advance for any help, it is much appreciated.

301107 is definitely a 1965 MY car. The knee pad should be a simple straight padded part, not upturned at the ends. Your paint code on the badge should be 64xx. I can help get more information, probably mid May 1965 production. See this thread:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...65-66-model-yr!
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Wow that was fast, thanks davep that is exactly the info I was looking for.
    Now I have to try to figure out how to change it down at the registration office.
    They would let me change it when I registered the car into my name unless I had an official letter from a dealer ship stating that the car was in fact a 1965.
    Should I get a COA or a Kardex for this car?

Dave can help you get a Kardex. That is the Document you want. Please post pics of the car. 301107 is a 65 for sure. What color?
    1965 911 Factory Paint to Sample Orange
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange
    1971 911S Gold Metallic Peter Gregg
    1974 Carrera RS Blue Metallic
    1990 RUF RCT Estonia's car

Yes, you should get the Kardex for the complete range of information. Can you PM or email me here?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

The car is champagne yellow.

Thanks for the welcome, we’re in the middle of a move right now. I will get some pics for you guys once the dust settles over here, I have loads on my old computer, I just have no idea which of these 100 boxes it’s in lol

Pretty common for the early cars I think. In high school I drove 911 300423 which is clearly a very early 65. CT title had 66 on it.
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757

Cheers and welcome pureham....

We'll wait patiently for your pics....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Yes, you should get the Kardex for the complete range of information. Can you PM or email me here?
    Dave I tried emailing but it did seem to work. You can reach me at marciomarques0980@gmail.com