Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Couple Old & Older VW's I'm Parting With...

Swedewerks Survivor Cars SD Swede's Avatar

A Couple Old & Older VW's I'm Parting With...

I've got two VW's I'm parting with via BaT auctions. Both have been accepted but are about 4 weeks out from going live, (been about the current wait time). If someone here has interest in either prior to please message me for details, so we can chat. I have over 250 pictures and videos of each.

The 1962 Beetle has had one exterior repaint and has an unrestored original interior, original 40hp engine and 4sp transmission. Tons of documentation, manuals and original window sticker. Pre-auction, $16.5K w/room for negotiation.

The 1987 Vanagon 4WD Syncro "Weekender" edition has a built 2.3L water-boxer (3 years & $10K ago) and a rebuilt 4spd transmission (with a 5th "Gelaende" gear). About $60K in receipts with actually more spent on this build. Pre-auction ask is $45K with a little wiggle room.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Peter Andersson #2864
    Pinstriped Early 911 Club #1

Per request, some extra Beetle pics...
    Peter Andersson #2864

That Beetle is awesome

GLWS/A

Thank you! It is pretty special, very original. Anthracite Grey is a great and a not often seen color.
    Peter Andersson #2864

I've seen this Beetle in person just last month, it's a fantastic example. Should do well on BaT.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by billh View Post
    That Beetle is awesome

GLWS/A
    I second that!

How comfortable and reliable are those Vanagon 4WD Syncro "Weekender"s ?

Richard, in this case, very! This one has had all the big money spent on it already. Not many platforms around where you get a capable 4WD camper with a queen bed that fits in a single parking spot. No pop-top to leak & mildew and no extra 800 lbs of gear (cabinetry, stove/sink etc) in an already under powered vehicle. I sent you a separate email with all of the details on the van.
    Peter Andersson #2864

Beetle is now live..ends Thurs 12/10.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...gen-beetle-17/
    Peter Andersson #2864

Pete,
    Having owned both of what you have for sale, it looks like both are quality vehicles that are fairly priced. I think the bug should do more than your asking.
    Still own a 87 Syncro vanagon weekender and I have sent you a PM asking about the mounting of the Recaro seats in the van.