Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank and his 911R

Very cool, you have great skills
    Light Yellow -74
    @lagteknik

What do I like most???

Thatīs not an easy question!

I like to work specially on details, which look afterwards like an "factory Option" but are custom made by me and improve the performance of the car. That includes actually all technic of engine, brakes, shocks and so on and the interieur.

But I specially like to meet owners of old Porsches and VW`s who work on their car as much as their ability permits, meet them, go together on weekend trips and have bbq and cold drinks. To have contact to other relaxed people with the same hobby.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Breathtaking ......
    George Kehler in Tennessee

1955 356 coupe
    1971 911S (knee deep in restoration)
    1997 993 Targa

Wonderful project!!!

wow, great skills and a fantastic project.
    Thanks for sharing this Frank!
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

In life their are doers and their are dreamers and once in a while you find someone who can do both... Frank is one of them.
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

912->911 conversion
    Frank - I'm just piling onto the praise that's already in here, but what a stunning car. This hits me right in the target of all my interests in terms of building a car. You've done a spectacular job!
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

Frank, I am grateful, you spent the time to take photos and share so much treasure with the group. Very generous. ScottA

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Thanks a lot again!

I will sort out some more detail pictures within the next days and load them up if you want to.

I finished the oil filler the week before last week. Right now just bad pictures and I will try to get better ones later. The pictures of the car in front of the old Shell gas tank was done before oil filler upgrade, but I like them very much

A pair of brandnew 911R turning signals didn`t fit to the wing, so I had to cut them, bend them to the correct position, fill the missing part with sheetmetal and weld them. Afterwards everthing was grinded, some bondo to fill up the surface and then painted. The lenses were heated up in hot water and reformed
    Last edited by Frank63; 11-25-2020 at 12:08 PM.