Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Frank and his 911R

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Awesome.

What kind 3d printer are you using ?

Thinking of buying one, but hard to choose one as there are so many out there.

Cheers
    Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Frank63 View Post
    My air filters are ready .

In order to get more space above the intake, I used the lower 35mm of two original air filter trays and welded them under the cut-out K&N filter lower parts, sandblasted everything, chromated it, smoothed off the transitions and finally painted black with 2k paint. The filter tops are 3D printed. But I sanded away the Porsche lettering, which somehow turned out to be too much.

Of course, the hood grille didn't fit anymore, so I had to drive the contour of the high air filter into the grille. That went quite well with a round dent removal hammer and a leather sack.

In my opinion, the engine runs more freely than before, it hasn't lost any torque and the engine sound is now simply perfect.... ��

A positive side effect: The filter weight is 1.4 kg less than the previously installed air filter box
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier PJB View Post
    Awesome.

What kind 3d printer are you using ?

Thinking of buying one, but hard to choose one as there are so many out there.

Cheers
    Xavier
    It was printed on an industrial printer in a friends company. The printer can print up to 120cm in 3 dimensions and uses various materials

Just simply awesome work and skill level... I'm humbled to an extreme level...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank63 View Post
    It was printed on an industrial printer in a friends company. The printer can print up to 120cm in 3 dimensions and uses various materials
    Thank you
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

A pair of lightweight door handles. Looks pretty good and saves 320 gramms
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I mounted new headers, because the Friedrich Motorsport headers with 39mm size were too large. I cut a pair of 34mm headers out of old SSI heat exchangers and weldet in oxigen sensor threads for carb jet fitting.

With the smaller headers the car runs much better

Yesterday we had a rallye event with 5 hours of driving. My son Sebastian was navigating and we had lots of fun. The car runs great and performs really well.

is this an invitation to come over and have a drive…?
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    is this an invitation to come over and have a drive…?
    No problem

I did not see this thread until now.... Congratulations with a really impressive build, car is amazing, detalies fantastic and craftmanship really inspirering for all of us! Thanks for sharing and if you are out on a Scandinavian road trip please make a stop in Kragerø in south of Norway
    '67 911S Sunroof, Polo Red(Project disguised as a G-model)
    '67 912 Sunroof, Light Ivory(Alive and kickin')
    '67 912 SWTarga, Signal Red(Project in the making)
    X: 67 911 Coupe + 67S Targa, 912, 924, 944, 928, 356