As you can see in my other post, I had to learn about a little hitch, but now that it is solved, I'd like to share / document what I did to fix the hand throttle.

Start by removing the seats - I know, a pain...but it is a bigger pain trying to work around them.

Once removed, you need to vacuum anyway. Right?

Then, undo the three 13mm bolts holding the ebrake assembly in place and then take a couple of spanners and remove the 13mm nuts holding the ebrake assembly shaft in place:

Name:  hthrottle1.jpg
Views: 2467
Size:  100.5 KB

One those are out of the way, you can lift the assembly up high enough to get a needle nose plier (from the driver side) in there to remove the c-clip and push the pin out towards the passenger side.

Name:  hthrottle2.jpg
Views: 2107
Size:  111.2 KB

Carefully remove each of the washers and the hand throttle lever. The heater lever will remain in place. Here is a diagram for reference:

Name:  hthrottle21.jpg
Views: 2191
Size:  45.4 KB

Then remove the shaft and polish it up on the wire wheel bench grinder:

Name:  hthrottle3.jpg
Views: 2154
Size:  65.8 KB

It should clean up nicely:

Name:  hthrottle4.jpg
Views: 2138
Size:  70.6 KB

My hardware was pretty chewed up, so some new cad will go in:

Name:  hthrottle5.jpg
Views: 2102
Size:  109.5 KB

Usually the (hard rubber) hand throttle arm that pushes on the throttle cable is dried out and broken or gone completely. Mine was gone along with the washer and c-clip (I ordered two of each in the event one finds it way into a dark crack!). Here are the parts and their associated numbers:

Name:  hthrottle6.jpg
Views: 2106
Size:  130.2 KB

And back:

Name:  hthrottle7.jpg
Views: 2050
Size:  85.3 KB

I also swear by this stuff because it is food grade, dielectric and will not eat at rubber and plastics. Perfect for ensuring not only the shaft we cleaned up will remain rust free and pivot nicely, but also our new arm.

Name:  hthrottle8.jpg
Views: 2067
Size:  73.2 KB

Next is the "barrel" for a lack of a better term, this is what the throttle arm pushes against, thus depressing the throttle. Mine was in the wrong spot, and the user manual states that you can adjust through the little window. Right.

This entire process (if you are not already pissed from needing needle fingers to do this) is a bit of a pain.

Anyway - there is a small flat head set screw that you'll need to back out a little bit:

Name:  hthrottle9.jpg
Views: 2113
Size:  71.0 KB