Thread: Fs: Wp0ab0912es120484 . . .

Fs: Wp0ab0912es120484 . . .

. . . on BaT . . .

'. . . This 1984 Porsche 911 left the factory as an M491 coupe, and during prior ownership in 2017 the car was overhauled and modified by Porsche builder Dave Kealoha. The exterior was fitted with backdated early-style bumpers as well as a lengthened hood and it was refinished in its factory Guards Red, and the black interior was reupholstered and fitted with RS-style modifications. Power is provided by a 3.2-liter flat-six mated to a five-speed manual transaxle, and additional modifications include a Wavetrac limited-slip differential, 15″ Braid Fuchs-style wheels, and adjustable spring plates with quick-change torsion bars along with Elephant Racing and Tarett Engineering sway bars. The car sold on BaT in 2018, and the selling dealer sold the car to the current owner in May 2020. This modified 911 is now offered on dealer consignment in Alabama with records dating to 1997, build photos, a build list, a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, a clean Carfax report, and a clean Florida title.

During the 2017 build, the car received a custom sunroof-delete panel and was subsequently repainted in its original Guards Red. Following the repaint the car was backdated to early-style bodywork, including a modified short hood, fiberglass bumpers, early-style turn signal boxes, a polished rear grille, and silver graphics. Exterior trim was replated during prior ownership and the car received replacement window and door rubber, felts, and seals, and additional modifications include yellow-lens H4 headlights and mesh lower front grilles. Paint protection film has been applied to the bumpers, lower doors, rocker panels, front fenders, and rear quarter panels. New front tow hooks were installed in 2020. Mr. Kealoha displayed the car at Luftgekühlt and the McCalls Motorworks Revival, and a photo of the car at the Porsche Werks Reunion in 2018 is provided in the gallery.

Steel M491 Turbo-look flares cover Braid 15” Fuchs-style wheels that measure 9” wide up front and 11” out back. The wheels are mounted with Michelin TB15 Racing tires, and braking is handled by rebuilt 930 calipers with cross-drilled and vented rotors and stainless-steel lines. Suspension modifications include Elephant Racing and Tarett Engineering sway bars, replacement bushings, and adjustable spring plates with quick-change torsion bars.

The cabin features fixed-back sport seats with motorsport-style lap belts, black Perlon RS-style carpets with custom sound deadening, and basketweave door panels with leather pulls. A radio-delete panel has been installed, and other modifications include a 917-style shift knob, rear seat delete, and red CocoMats.

The replacement leather-wrapped four-spoke steering wheel frames gauges with redone with silver-dot centers and early-style pointers. Just under 91k miles are shown on the six-digit odometer. The present wheel does not have any horn hardware, and a new-in-box MOMO Prototipo steering wheel with horn hardware and a matching hub adapter are included.

Power is provided by a 3.2-liter flat-six that is equipped with a Steve Wong chip, K&N intake, and a Fabspeed RSR-style exhaust system. During prior ownership the car received a valve adjustment as well as replacement spark plugs, engine gaskets, and oil-return tubes. An included invoice for an August 2020 compression test shows between 158-168psi across all six cylinders.

Engine number *64E01201 is pictured above and corresponds to the number shown on the included Porsche Certificate of Authenticity.

The five-speed Type 915 manual transaxle was rebuilt during prior ownership and features a replacement clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and a Wavetrac limited-slip differential
    . . .'

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-49/

(Not mine)

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

I'm not a fan of backdates and I do now semi accept the morphing of longhoods into an ST, RS or whatever but I just love the 'classic' tyre sheen juice staining the driveway.
    Mark

This car surprised in two ways

1st was that --- as far as I know . . . this is the first time anyone has back-dated a Turbo-look car, which, when I think about it, seems to already have some of the same sort of performance bits that everyone ends up putting into their ST/RSR replika/tribute/clone/whatevers, anyway

The 2nd was that these M491 Turbo-look cars are rather rare/expensive to begin with, and, given the amount/degree of modification, seemed a pretty bold move to alter one like this

Interested to see how this auction turns-out . . .

. . . + given me a whole new appreciation of M491s

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    This car surprised in two ways

1st was that --- as far as I know . . . this is the first time anyone has back-dated a Turbo-look car, which, when I think about it, seems to already have some of the same sort of performance bits that everyone ends up putting into their ST/RSR replika/tribute/clone/whatevers, anyway

The 2nd was that these M491 Turbo-look cars are rather rare/expensive to begin with, and, given the amount/degree of modification, seemed a pretty bold move to alter one like this

Interested to see how this auction turns-out . . .
    This one "crapped out" at $135K on PCARMARKET first. It did sell for $157,000 in 2018. Not likely to see that number again.

I personally know of a M491 that was converted to an RS 3.0 which wasn't an entirely bad move as it can be easily reversed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111