Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nervous about driving early MFI 911's...Need advice

Thank you, I appreciate the information. I'm on the schedule for Ed Mayo to look at the car again. I did have a PPI done by someone in California where I bought the car. One of the Early
    911 members saw this Thread and reached out to me to help go through the car and understand the driving techniques and servicing a bit more in depth. That will happen this afternoon. I flew airplanes for over 40 years and learned a very big life lesson...when upgrading to new equipment I always talked to season drivers that would pass on valuable information that you don't necessarily find in 'manuals'. So I appreciate the positive comments.

The first thing I did when purchased my 911 was new chain tensioners (turbo) and then went to pertronics for the dizzy because on drives with other 911's saw a few break downs with problems with points. good luck.
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Thank you raspy2point2, great advice.
    A big thanks to fellow Early 911 Member Ray U. for spending the better part of yesterday afternoon going over everything from tire pressures, how the heater/defroster works (that one confused me just reading the manual), driving the 915 gearbox, RPM's, etc. I left feeling much more confident and ready to hit the roads again today to practice. So....where was the ash tray????
    Thank you all that gave great positive comments and advice. It's very much appreciated!

GWBurgess is in a beautiful 911E... coming from the world of 356's he's leaped a decade forward in tech and associated performance! And what a car to experience that evolution.

This is simple...and you appear to be on the right track....Drop the car off with Ed Mayo with the following instructions: Mr. Mayo: Please fix anything and everything this car needs and please DO NOT skimp on anything. With that as an ask from Ed, you should be in great shape.....The only thing your car will need after that is use!!!...<grin>