Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: W: Albert Blue 911

W: Albert Blue 911

Hello all!

I have been looking for more than a year for an Albert Blue 911 coupe, preferably a T (because of cost). I was hoping for an honest driver, maybe older restoration with NO rust.

I sold my 1964 356C a few years ago and have always lusted after that color on an early 911.

Please DM me if you have or know someone who has a car like this!

Thank you!

There's an Albert Blue '72 911E for sale at Legendary Motorcar Company in excellent condition.....it's not cheap at $98K.

https://www.legendarymotorcar.com/in...911e-2252.aspx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JEFF BRINTON
    ESR #1572
    1968 911N
    1974 914 2.0L
    2023 Macan
    SOLD - 1967 911N / 1968 911L / 1967 911N / 1969 912 / 1991 964 C2 / 2013 991.1 / 2008 987 Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    There's an Albert Blue '72 911E for sale at Legendary Motorcar Company in excellent condition.....it's not cheap at $98K.

https://www.legendarymotorcar.com/in...911e-2252.aspx
    I don't think $98k is crazy for that color combo. I have the same Albert Blue over red in my 72T and I both paid more than that and have been offered more. That color combination is VERY hard to find.

Thanks for that note, Cal!

I spoke with those folks last week and there were a LOT of questions after the discussion. It doesn’t have the original motor and that is not the original interior color. There is very little paperwork (though they are trying to get more from the consignment owner). No real history on the life that it lived which is too bad since it came optioned with specs for the Middle East in COA.

While the price is up there, if it were more original maybe it would warrant it. What I found interesting is that Legendary cars policy is that you buy the car THEN they go through it to see what, if anything, is wrong. If it affects drivability then it has to be negotiated with the current owner after the fact. The salesman did say that it looked a little wet under the car but couldn’t tell me any more than that. He also couldn’t tell me what the mileage was as he had no paperwork verifying if it is over 100k.

I thought it was a little unsettling and this certainly is a car with a lot of questions around it.

I am hoping more for a driver with a bit of history so I know what service has been done over the last 10 years or so.

Once again, thanks so much for the suggestion! I have been searching forever for this car and my last hope is that there might be someone on the forum I can connect with!

Quote Originally Posted by dcarpe03 View Post
    Thanks for that note, Cal!

I spoke with those folks last week and there were a LOT of questions after the discussion. It doesn’t have the original motor and that is not the original interior color. There is very little paperwork (though they are trying to get more from the consignment owner). No real history on the life that it lived which is too bad since it came optioned with specs for the Middle East in COA.

While the price is up there, if it were more original maybe it would warrant it. What I found interesting is that Legendary cars policy is that you buy the car THEN they go through it to see what, if anything, is wrong. If it affects drivability then it has to be negotiated with the current owner after the fact. The salesman did say that it looked a little wet under the car but couldn’t tell me any more than that. He also couldn’t tell me what the mileage was as he had no paperwork verifying if it is over 100k.
    That's terrible. Not even close to how they describe the car on their website.

Paperwork notwithstanding, and regardless of Legendary's write-up + reputation + 'sales speak' . . .

. . . Legendary is the Consignor's agent --- that's who they're working for . . . for a %

If I were serious about this (or any) car --- then I would request a PPI . . . my vendor + my cost = minimal shenanigans

Pay-to-Play 101

Last edited by LongRanger; 11-23-2020 at 12:59 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

I think it is excellent advice in any Porsche purchase to insist on a PPI, LongRanger. Excellent advice. In regards to this particular car, I'm afraid there were too many flags for me to move to that step. Hopefully it will find a good home.

Still hoping to find my Albert Blue "Forever Car" with the help of you good folks. Thank you!

I think it is excellent advice in any Porsche purchase to insist on a PPI, LongRanger. Excellent advice. In regards to this particular car, I'm afraid there were too many flags for me to move to that step. Hopefully it will find a good home.

Still hoping to find my Albert Blue "Forever Car" with the help of you good folks. Thank you!

The below car may have been posted on this website and I know nothing about this Craigslist listing and have no opinion of the listing. Good luck.

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/d/be...226940077.html

Thanks so much for this, RandyK! Looking at the ad, this is exactly the car I would love to own. The only problem is that I really would like a coupe. No offense to the folks out there with Targas but I'm afraid I really like the lines of the coupe more.

I REALLY appreciate you seeing this and sending it to me. Please keep your eyes peeled!

Grateful,
    Derek

Thanks so much for this, RandyK! Looking at the ad, this is exactly the car I would love to own. The only problem is that I really would like a coupe. No offense to the folks out there with Targas but I'm afraid I really like the lines of the coupe more.

I REALLY appreciate you seeing this and sending it to me. Please keep your eyes peeled!

Grateful,
    Derek
    No problem.