Thread: FS: @BaT - Large Collection of Vintage Timers

FS: @BaT - Large Collection of Vintage Timers

At this point, I would assume that anyone that looks at the Early S forum also checks out Bring-A-Trailer from time to time. But, just in case you didn't see it, I thought that members here would be interested in this auction for, I believe to be, 52 different vintage timers. The back plates don't really excite me, but the collection is real.

16040130242509b9843290DSCF8981.jpg

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/co...f-stopwatches/

[no affiliation]
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Great collection if you are running relay races....

Quote Originally Posted by Rennman View Post
    Great collection if you are running relay races....
    Funny! I have one of those from my high school days!

Absurd bidding already to $10K... as Don suggests, these are track & field pieces not dash timers, and the plates don't mean squat. Somebody doesn't know what they're spending on. Should they be clued in?

Depending on model the Omegas are worth $100-400 (the Rattrapante are highest), less for the Heuer Trackmasters, the Meylans and other off-brands maybe 50 bucks each.

And the Leonidas (Heuer) isn't even for sports, it's a work/study clock.

Is the seller Bill Noon at Symbolic?
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    . . . Absurd bidding already . . . . Somebody doesn't know what they're spending on . . .
    Seriously --- but that's BaT

All kinds o' people seem to turn-up there, now --- and throwing some pretty-serious money at stuff, too. Good for Sellers, I guess --- + BaT . . . but I'm not so sure about Buyers

I've personally gone and looked at some of the stuff I was interested in, and, well . . .

. . . let's just say I've been less-than-impressed. Ok-ok --- down-right scared, actually

There's nothing special about what's there. And all of the basics about buying + selling still apply = caveat emptor

And as for the vaunted BaT audience calling things out, well --- once I filter out all the 'war-stories' and assorted cheer-leading . . .

. . . there's just not really that much useful commentary, there

I treat the site kinda like eBay. I can look-up Sellers' and Commentors' histories, get some prices on stuff --- can be a little exhausting but useful . . . but there's not much chance of me buying anything there without laying-on some serious hands or eyeballs on what's on offer

Still --- if I was a Seller? . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Absurd bidding already to $10K...
    Indeed. Completely insane.

. . . Is the seller Bill Noon at Symbolic? . . .
    ? . . .

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

$28,500!! Sometimes BAT just leaves me stunned..

That's an average of $548 per timer and nearly all were worth just a tenth of that.

The bidders are idiots, the buyer is an imbecile. The seller is surely laughing his ass off.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

What a joke. Guess lot of people will start to sell off their stopwatches