Thread: FS: @pcar market - my excellent tangerine 69T

FS: @pcar market - my excellent tangerine 69T

I just put it on the market and I have it listed on pcarmarket link here: https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1969-porsche-911-t/

IMG_20201121_150233.jpg
    1975 911S targa , 1989 944 turbo S original paint survivor, 1978 924 track car, 1980 924 m471 sport options

Dave -- The car looks stunning! Good luck with the sale.

For the record . . . GLWS !
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PCAR Market Website Auction
    1969 Porsche 2.0L 911T Coupe, Lot #V-0007259
    VIN: 119122701
    Engine: 6196605
    Trans: 7196736
    Color: Tangerine/Black Leatherette
    Mileage: 56,643 (indicated - TMU)
    Auction Estimate: -
    Sold for: NO SALE (11/30/20 highest bid: US$69,000 - Now offered at US$75,000)

69T 2.jpg

69T 3.jpg

69T 4.jpg

69T 5.jpg

69T 6.jpg

69T 6-1.jpg

69T 7.jpg

69T 8.jpg

69T 10.jpg

69T Kardex.jpg

PCAR Market Description:

Up for auction is this 1969 Porsche 911T finished in Tangerine. Representing the final production year of the original 2.0 L 911, this 911T is factory optioned with a 5-speed manual transmission and “Comfort Equipment” which includes 911S-type trim. Well over $13,000 has been invested over the last 18 months including some cosmetic refurbishment, a major engine service, and new Koni shocks. Originally imported to Portland, Oregon where it remains to this day, this thoroughly sorted 911T is now being offered in excellent running order accompanied by a Cardex showing a numbers matching drivetrain.

This 911T is presented in its factory specified color of Tangerine (6809). The front fenders were refinished under previous ownership within the last 2 years and the current owner recently had the hood and both bumpers professionally repainted at a cost of over $3500. The front suspension pan and lower battery tray were also previously replaced due to battery acid corrosion. The car is said to be in excellent structural condition and the only cosmetic imperfections are noted as a few small touch-ups throughout the body, minor windshield pitting, and general patina.

With the optional “Comfort Equipment” this example features 911S-type equipment including bumperettes with rubber overriders, 911S rubber moldings, chromed rocker panels, gold rear lettering, 14” alloy wheels, vented rotors, and aluminum front brake calipers. The Fuchs wheels are dated from late 1968/early 1969 and are believed to be original to the car. New factory-spec Yokohama tires have been also been installed within the last 50 miles.

The Black leatherette interior is described to be in very nice condition with only minor signs of wear visible on the carpets and interior upholstery. The cabin is noted to be highly original with unique “Comfort Package” features including a leather-bound steering wheel, aluminum doorsills, velour carpeting, and 911S-type instrumentation. The functional Blaupunkt radio and rear seat belts (1969 dated) are original and a new Hirschman Antenna was added. The door pockets have also been replaced under the current ownership at a cost of approximately $2000. There is a crack in the dash speaker grille and the clock is said to be nonfunctional, although the rest of the gauges and accessories in the car are said to be working properly.

An air-cooled 2.0 L flat-six carbureted engine sends approximately 110 HP to the rear wheels by way of an optional 5-speed manual transmission. The Cardex suggests that this example retains its factory numbers matching engine (#6196605) and transmission (#7196736). An updated modern ignition system has been installed along with upgraded Koni shocks and struts, and a single Odyssey AGM battery. Under previous ownership within the last 2 years, approximately $8,000 was spent on a mechanical service which included valve adjustments, a fuel system refresh, new wheel bearings, shocks, and struts. Since the current owner’s purchase, an engine-out service and reseal has been performed in addition to a rebuild of the transmission with new clutch components. Most mechanical systems have been recently refreshed and the seller indicates this 911 to be in exceptional driving condition.

This sale will include a complete toolkit with replacement screwdrivers, a spare Fuchs wheel, a jack, the original owner’s manual, a set of 2 keys, a Hirschman antenna key, and a Cardex. For any enthusiast of early Porsche 911’s, this beautifully configured 911T is not to be overlooked.
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 12-07-2020 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Thank you gentlemen for your comments and kind words. I forgot to mention and just emailed pcar to see if they can add to my description, this 911t does have the Carrera pressure fed chain tensioners installed.
    1975 911S targa , 1989 944 turbo S original paint survivor, 1978 924 track car, 1980 924 m471 sport options

Came up short of reserve on Pcar, asking $75,000 or best offer
    Link to over 180 pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MvrEnxyxpt6kVBXj8
    Detailed description:
    This is an excellent mostly preserved and lightly restored 1969, 911t, vin number 119122701. The color is original tangerine/blut orange/blood orange code 6809. I don’t know if the main part of the body is original paint or if it has been repainted in the past my guess is that it is high quality original color repaint. The previous owner had the fenders repainted 1.5 years ago and I had the front hood, front bumper including fog light covers and rear bumpers and license panel taken down to bare metal and repainted inside and out in last month ($3500 for paint work plus $300 for media blasting) due to rock chips and some scratches. The paint work was done by well respected Tom Black’s Garage here in Portland. I did the disassembly and reassembly.
    I have the cardex and can verify that this car has the factory numbers matching engine (# 6196605) and transmission (#7196736). I found late 68 and early 69 dates on the wheels and I think they are original to the car. The steering wheel and the rear seat belts are dated 69.
    This car was imported and first sold in the Portland, Oregon area, is currently in Portland and has always been in this area.
    The mileage shows less than 56,700 and the odometer and the trip odometer work. I cannot document the mileage but it appears that it might really be 56,700 not 156,700. This car is remarkably rust free with excellent floors and original sound proof material, headliner, carpet, front and rear seats, front trunk carpet, engine compartment sound pad, dash etc. appear to be original and show so little wear that I wonder if this is not a low mileage car.
    This car came with the following options: 5 speed transmission. I don’t see rear seat belts on the Cardex but it has them and they are dated 1969, dash speaker and 9076 Aust. 911 (comfort package) or what some call S trim package including
    "14 x 5 1/2 alloy wheels
    911S Instrumentation
    Leather Steering Wheel
    Rubber Tipped bumperettes, front and rear
    911S Rubber mouldings on front and rear and both sides
    Ventilated disc brakes
    Chromed Rocker Panels
    500-Cycle horn
    Aluminum Door Sills
    Gold Lettering Porsche Name Plates
    Self-Levelling Hydraulic Front Suspension
    Full Velouran Carpeting"
    Aluminum front calipers
    This Porsche has Koni’s front and rear and no longer has hydropneumatic struts in the front.
    This car is super original except for the Koni’s I mentioned, a front sway bar was added and it has inertia reel seat belts and conversion to a single Odyssey agm battery. Most of the hardware for twin battery/second battery is still present. One more thing that is unoriginal but a nice upgrade and that is the modern ignition system, certainly a big improvement over the original points only system. And the highly desirable Carrera oil pressure fed tensioner upgrade has been done.

The Stereo is a period, probably original to the car Blaupunkt AM/FM/SW and works well; I added a new Hirschman antenna.
    The previous owner spent $8000 or so about 1.5 years ago with a major engine tune, oil change (Brad Penn), new Koni shocks and struts, valve adjustment, fuel system clean, new fuel lines, wheel bearings etc. and the front fender repaint that I mentioned. Prior to that a few years but very few miles ago the brakes were rebuilt and the shift bushings were renewed.

This car has a rock solid, rust free chassis and no evidence of ever having been in an accident and it has a clean title also indicating no accidents.

I took the engine out and repainted the engine tin, added new oil return tubes and seals, new oil cooler seals, new lower pulley seal etc. I also added Brad Penn oil and a factory correct Red Porsche oil filter. I cleaned the sump screen (it was already pretty clean) and added a new seal and replaced the lower pulley seal. In addition to an engine out detail and reseal I bought new Yokohama tires in the factory correct size and had them mounted and balanced. I replaced the front and rear bumper seals, hand throttle linkage and wiper blades. I repainted the nice original muffler and heat exchangers with high temp exhaust paint after having them cleaned and media blasted and added a new chrome muffler tip, mounting hardware and exhaust gaskets.

My friend, the owner of a Porsche repair shop rebuilt the transmission (new first and second gear syncros etc.). I added new clutch disc, new throw out bearing, pilot bearing, pressure plate and flywheel bolts to the resurfaced flywheel and adjusted the clutch. I spent extensive time cleaning and detailing the engine compartment, front trunk including inside the smugglers box, bottom of the car, wheel wells and suspension.

This car was extensively detailed outside down to the tooth pick and qtip level including polishing and a hand wax.

It is my understanding that the front suspension pan/battery area was replaced professionally in the past and it looks great. This area is almost always rusty unless it has been replaced because of batteries leaking acid back in the day.
    I purchased and installed correct new door pockets and installed them with factory hardware etc., $2000 worth of parts. While the door panels were off I cleaned inside the doors and lubricated all lock and latch mechanism and the door winders which all work great.

Flaws include things like mild carpet wear, some small touched up rock chips, some patina to the side rocker moldings, some minor scratches to the bright work, a crack in the speaker grill and the clock does not work. Despite extensive resealing of this engine two modest oil leaks, each about 1-2 drops a day I would estimate remain.

Most mechanical systems have been refreshed recently and the original engine runs great. I don’t have any receipt for a rebuild of the engine or major engine work in the past and I was told that the carburetors were fairly recently rebuilt but I did not get a receipt for that, they certainly work well. Before I purchased this car I had it inspected and a leak down performed and it was really good, my Porsche mechanic friend did it as a favor and I did not get a write up ore receipt since he did it as a favor to me, no charge.
    Bottom line is this car runs and drives great and it is a real pleasure to drive. This is the first 1969, 911t I have owned and I’m surprised at how lively and responsive the engine is. This Porsche is great around town, and on the freeway it is very drivable with good power and acceleration (have only had it up to about 70mph) and I think the factory top speed is 125 or 130. I have taken only a few short drives but I once ran it up to 6000 rpm (the redline is 6500) the sound was glorious.

This 911 comes with a complete took kit, all tools are original and in great shape however the screwdrivers were missing and I added the budget red handled screwdrivers sold by Sierra Madre. The tool kit bag is in great shape and it even has the correct Porsche fan belt. This 911t has a matching fuchs spare wheel with tire, the jack and the excellent original owner’s manual (looks close to new old stock). All the locks and ignition switch are keyed the same. Included are two matching keys, a Hirschman antennae key and a nice Porsche key fob. I left the Porsche club and the George Fox University staff stickers that were previously installed in place.

My hobby is fixing up and selling Porsche 911 and an occasional 914 (when I can find good ones). I bought this car on 8-27-20 and I finished it on 11-20-20. I have made it as nice as I can, it turned out great and I’m very proud of my effort and now I want to find a new home for this lovely Porsche.

Normally I title cars in my name. Due to Covid DMV offices here in Oregon are closed and it is my understanding that it takes several months to mail a title and to get one back. I have the clean Oregon title signed off by the previous owner and an Oregon bill of sale. I have not signed nor dated them nor have I filled in any of my data as the buyer, those areas are blank so that the new owner can easily get the title transferred into their name. I have the name and number of the previous owner that I will make available to the buyer.

In person inspections are welcomed prior to bidding. Sold in as is condition with no warranty expressed or implied.

One of the best colors! BLWS!
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow

Which model odyssey battery is installed?