Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any better seats than these?

Are there any better seats than these?

My favorite early 911 seats.

Perfect patina.

Name:  9B36F239-3768-4D74-A58E-51B4C6B12153.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  73.4 KB
    Last edited by rower; 11-25-2020 at 09:21 AM.

I'll post a pic of an equally nice couple this weekend. One is in storage

Wow! what great seats! i have been collecting old scheel and recaros for over 20 years. in total, i had over 200 seats. 5 of them were these scheel 911R seats. i'm sure i didn't have a better seat model. this seat has its own aura. just great. congrats for this great interior richard.

regards

uwe

I didn’t mean to imply they mine! Well, maybe it was just wishful thinking as I wish they were mine.

I have the same seat model, original to a 1968 werks race car of that period, but they don’t have the amazing patina of these, with that faded brown fabric with the rivets! These are from the Rev Institutes’ fabulous unrestored 911R!

They are dreamy!

yes, that's right: the scheel 911R seat is great, especially if it has not been restored. to compare two seats from my collection (unfortunately not mine anymore): the first unrestored
    and would have aged ... the second was completely restored (by the previous owner and unfortunately quite bad) the seat has lost its effect ....

regards

Name:  911R sitz.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  78.0 KB

Name:  911R restauriert.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  95.1 KB

Recarno, I completely agree. What a difference between those two you posted. Ugh.

When the seat gets restored it’s just not the same. I’ve seen amazing restored 911R’s but they lose their souls with newly restored seats.

Especially with corduroy inserts. If anyone has great original ones, let me know!

Recarno, UAI -

What’s your thoughts on this seat which had come as a spare with a car I purchased some time ago? (It’s the only photo I have at the moment).

You can PM me.

Name:  BF0F99F1-F479-404D-9A78-7C3C88F2B4E1.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  129.8 KB

There are not many trimmers that can replicate that French stitch on the original R seat.

There was a guy in the side room at the LA lit show a couple of years ago that replicated this seat. The French stitch looked pretty good.

@ straighten: i'm not a saddler, but i can tell you: the production of the 911R stitching is not particularly difficult, you just need the right machine.

@ richard: I would say that this is a scheel 911R (possibly the version without rivets) (also for the letherette and cord) but I would like to just add more photos (side and especially from below, preferably without rails) . so feel free to send me more photos, you have my email address.

regards

I’m quite confident it is. I’ll send you some when I can. What about the fabric? Its all original as it was with the car when purchased from Porsche in 1970, but it’s a bit loose looking from the photo. Compare that to restored/recovered ones.
    Last edited by rower; 11-25-2020 at 12:42 PM.