Thread: FS: @PORsport - 1967 911S Factory Race Car

FS: @PORsport - 1967 911S Factory Race Car

Other threads (discussions):
    August 2010 - 2010 Monterey Auction Bonham’s – Quail Lodge 1967 Porsche 911S Sport Kit II Chassis no. 307828S $210,500 (price include buyer’s premium)
    August 2010 - Amalfitano Porsche Collection
    January 2017 - Porsche 911S cars in 1967 Kent 300 Trans Am, Pacific Raceways, Kent, Washington
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PORsport
    1967 911S Factory Race Car
    VIN: 307828 / 307828S
    Engine: 961685
    Trans: 200001
    Color: Light Ivory/Black Leatherette
    Mileage: -
    Price: Mid US$600k

67S 1.jpg

67S 2.jpg

67S 3.jpg

67S 4.jpg

67S 5.jpg

67S 6.jpg

67S 7.jpg

67S 8.jpg

67S 9.jpg

67S 10.jpg

Dealer Description

One of the earliest factory-built Trans Am racers originally ordered by Porsche Cars Northwest in Beaverton Oregon as a dedicated racer to compete in SCCA and Trans Am series races on the West Coast and even running at The Daytona 24 Hour in 1969. This amazing old race car has a clear and continuous ownership history and actually spent many years static which preserved the car in an excellent state prior to restoration. This car was not progressed into a more modern racer or heavily modified as it went along, a rare instance in the world of old racing 911s. This car retains all of the original body tub including the pans and there is no evidence of any big crash damage. Porsche built this car as a 911S. The S was subsequently banned in Trans Am. This car was flagged then disguised by removing the S badging in period. Yes, that really happened! Porsche built all factory racers after this car using the base 911 making this car even more of a rarity.

This well-known racer is a wonderful representation of a true period 911 race car with rock-solid provenance beautifully documented with lots of period images. It is beautifully prepared and has had recent minor restoration and detailing. It is ready for Historic racing, touring or the show field. The car has been professionally cared for and is truly in exceptional condition. This no stories example is a great addition to any serious collection. There is a second set of wheels, Recaro race seat with harnesses, and a fuel cell. Multiple binders of documentation. Price mid 600s.
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 12-09-2020 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Updated Info
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Hello Santa ---- Are you sitting down? All I want....

Great that it’s a 67S with sport kit.

Big price though.

Photos of it pre restoration? All correct body panels etc?

The one that sold for $900k was because it was spectacularly original which this one isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    Great that it’s a 67S with sport kit.

Big price though.

Photos of it pre restoration? All correct body panels etc?

The one that sold for $900k was because it was spectacularly original which this one isn’t.
    It is a full Rally Equipment car that was ordered specifically for racing. The price is not new territory. I have sold them there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennman View Post
    It is a full Rally Equipment car that was ordered specifically for racing. The price is not new territory. I have sold them there before.
    What are the kardex options?

I don’t really know the market price on these so I’m sure you are right. I’m not suggesting it is or isn’t worth that as these cars do go for big premiums over standard 67S.

Here’s a comp at $900k but you just can’t compare them as this is an amazing all original 67S sport kit rally kit car with 8,000 miles on it.

https://www.sportscarmarket.com/prof...-kit-rally-kit

As Preston says, they are rare optioned cars.

Lots of information, photos and video on my website. Please have a look and feel free to ring me any time if you are serious about owning the car. Thanks.

Comparing this car and the highly original one that sold in Monterey 2019 is a bit of apples and oranges, as the use cases are fairly different despite them both being 67S sport kit II + rally kit factory cars.

The original car has basically no race history and required meaningful mechanical restoration to be used, but it's obviously an incredible preservation specimen. It's part of a high end collection now and my guess is that it'll remain a preservation, reference type car. But I doubt it will ever be raced or driven extensively.

The car described in this thread has significant race history in Trans Am / SCCA with podiums and also raced Daytona 24H. It's also been restored with a high level of race preparation, coming out of a collection where the owner literally has a limitless budget to maintain and prep many significant historic race cars including this one (I chatted w/ Rennman about the car). This car is special and valuable in and of itself, but particularly fits for someone who wants to participate in top level vintage races (Rennsport, Daytona Classic, Monterey Historics, etc). So while it's natural to compare this car with the original one that sold last year, bottom line these two cars likely appeal to different sort of buyers.

GLWS
    =======
    Out driving new & old Porsches and non P-cars

Period race cars are so good!
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow

Next Monday is the car's 54th anniversary of its April 12, 1967 Delivery Date

PORsport 1.jpg
    PORsport 2.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548