Thread: FS: @BaT - 1958 Porsche Type 692 Fuhrmann Four-Cam Engine

FS: @BaT - 1958 Porsche Type 692 Fuhrmann Four-Cam Engine

This should be interesting.
    How much this little engine will go for.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/po...1958-gt-4-cam/

4cam1.jpg

4cam2.jpg
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

That is amazing. I wonder what happened to the original car.
    1970 911S
    1999 early build Carrera

Not sure why the moderators moved this post to the "For sale/wanted"????

I'm not the seller.
    I just wanted to bring to people's attention an interesting auction that was on BaT.

The auction ended to today.
    The engine didn't sell at $220k because reserve wasn't met.
    I've heard these engines are going North of $300k now.
    That's WOW!
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

That’s a silly price, especially when you really don’t even know the true condition, especially for a roller bearing crank.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnerd View Post
    Not sure why the moderators moved this post to the "For sale/wanted"????
    It’s a non-early 911 part that was for sale on BaT.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I agree, that's a strong price for a roller crank 4 cam but I don't think the lack of known condition held back the buyers. Almost everyone that buys one these will have their go to expert go through the motor prior to use. Everyone else is just buying art for their man cave and could car less if it ever runs.

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    That’s a silly price, especially when you really don’t even know the true condition, especially for a roller bearing crank.
    Fully agree, seller would have been wise selling at that number. In my experience it was bid 50-70k over what I have seen similar engines sell for