Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-911E 1969 View Post
    . . . Not sure if this one is known / legit:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifi...php?id=2411291
    . . .

VIN = 9113600320
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?
    Prod# = ?

'. . . Original 2.7 RS in Great condition. Completely restored. Every screw new rebuilt! Colour: seablue, gearbox matching number, engine not. Years ago the Porsche had an front accident, fixed with new parts. Car is german! Delivered to an german cardealer 1973. since 2011 with the last owner. After restoration 10000km driven. For any questions just ask. Car is located in south germany nearly stuttgart . . .'

(Not mine)

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Huh? VIN pad in the frunk ends in 8?
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Did you use the CSI enhance function to catch that?

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Did you use the CSI enhance function to catch that?
    Higher-res pics in the Samba Ad.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    They don't have this car anymore on their website. The ad on the Samba was from dec 2019 and I am sure it was listed as 0313.

Cees

Cees
    I found it again here is the details of the listing this year
    11.jpg

I enhanced it as much as my software could do and cant see anything that resembles a proper vin - it seems there may be a 2 or a 3 or 8 or something similar at the end BUT with the detail that I could see in other parts of the same photo I was a bit surprised that I could not really make out any of the vin stamp - especially after maxing out the contrast and dropping down the colour which should have emphasized the shadows and indentations of a vin stamp
    See my best effort below
    1.jpg
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Thanks Hugh, hard to make out what it really is. Still I am not sure, this car just raised my eyebrows. Seems Cargold is a reputable outfit selling quite expensive cars and then they come up with an ad on the Samba with a price that is too good to be through for a restored RS. Might give them a call.

Cees

Hi Guys, new to the site. Did anyone get to the bottom of this advert showing a car being represented as 9113600320. I ask as I know where the actual 0320 car resides and it is still yellow, as it left the factory with matching numbers, including the transmission.

I assume this advert was a fraud attempt using a randomly chosen vin number but if someone could let me know if they ever spoke to the person representing this blue car, it would be appreciated. Did they just make a typo in the advert perhaps?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH2 View Post
    Hi Guys, new to the site. Did anyone get to the bottom of this advert showing a car being represented as 9113600320. I ask as I know where the actual 0320 car resides and it is still yellow, as it left the factory with matching numbers, including the transmission.

I assume this advert was a fraud attempt using a randomly chosen vin number but if someone could let me know if they ever spoke to the person representing this blue car, it would be appreciated. Did they just make a typo in the advert perhaps?

thanks
    I miserably failed...never got around to call them...

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    I miserably failed...never got around to call them...

Cees
    Thanks for letting me know. I am going to assume this was just a fake ad' with a random RS vin number, especially as the image of the VIN seems to show an 8 at the end. There are plenty of gangs operating in Mallorca (Spain, Palma) which is where this maggiolino appears to be from, so I would not be surprised. I plan to see #0320 in the coming weeks. Perhaps I will take a photo or two and share for you guys