Thread: Sonderworks Accordion Targa Top

Sonderworks Accordion Targa Top

With the preface that I have no financial interest in this plug, I just want to see these guys do well and think anyone with a targa top would enjoy this...

This summer I procured a Sonderworks "sport top" for my targa.

https://www.sonderwerks.com/product-...erks-sport-top

I had been looking for a "carbrella" for a while - substantively the same thing, but it has been out of production for a long time. Very basically, it folds like an accordion and sits either in your trunk or rear seats. Now that I have it, I leave my targa top hanging from my ceiling and if I am going to be parked outside for a while, I flip out the "sport top" and cover up the targa hole - no rain, no dust, etc. It also covers the targa when parked in the garage. Clearly not for driving, it eliminates the need to drive with your targa top folded in the trunk, and is much easier to deploy than the real top, and much better than cleaning up after a rainstorm with a beach towel.

Name:  IMG_4539.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  107.3 KB
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Very cool Rick. I assume it lays over the windshield frame and targa bar and the only ‘attachment‘ points are the suction cups on the windows? Nice Targa. Sport seats?
    Reg#2218

Thanks. The top has some strong magnets in it that stick to the window frame and targa hoop. I don’t tend to use the suction cups, though they are there.

The sport seats are fantastic. Not original, but so much better than the bus driver comfort seats. I am tall, so the driver seat is fixed and the passenger seat has the tilt mechanism. It is still a massive pain to get stuff in and out of the back seat area. I don’t know how you guys with coupes manage to use the back seat with sport seats. Once it is too cold to drive without the top, my back seats are worthless.
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Looks very nice and even in the "extended" neighborhood! will give them a call, I had Dave Brown do my top on the 71 and have yet to fold it as it looks so nice.

Thanks for posting