Thread: Need help sourcing metal brackets for frunk fuse box

Need help sourcing metal brackets for frunk fuse box

Hi,

Im currently bringing my 71 T back to its original form and I need a bit of help in doing so.
    The car got installed a G model fuse box and wiring loom along the way and therefore the original '71 fuse box brackets (the ones that holds the boxes) and the relay bracket were removed at some time.

I have now sourced a new correct '71 wiring loom to install, but I am missing the three brackets ( one for 10 fuse box, one for 8 fuse box and one for the relays) to finish my install.

I have looked on the most common webpages and shops, but I have yet to find those panels, in either used or reproduction part. DANSK is also offering new inner fender parts, but it is not confirmed that they have these brackets on their repro panels.

If anyone knows where to look or have any damaged panels that contains the parts, then please let me know.
    I would prefer sourcing the original parts rather than fabricating them.

Please see picture for reference (sourced from internett).

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Anders
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    96 4S - Black
    71 T - Conda green

NO brackets required . You need the fuse holders and covers . The relays snap into the bracket on the left with four holes . the relays lock into the holes .

I think he is saying that this was all removed - this isn’t a picture a picture of his car - but a picture of what he wants.
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

That is correct Simonjjb, I am missing the brackets so I have nothing to mount the relays and fuseboxes to.
    Picture of the yellow car is borrowed from internet. Mine is Conda Green.

Even a damaged panel or damaged parts is of interest.
    96 4S - Black
    71 T - Conda green

I know you’ve suggested not wanting To make these ......but they can be easily shaped to match originals.
    Am sure you can get someone here (there are many skilled restorers ) to make the shapes and send to you.
    Then just get a shop to weld in.
    This is better than replacing a panel ,which would need to be welded anyway.
    Do you have a photo of your existing condition ?
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Quote Originally Posted by 71gold View Post
    I know you’ve suggested not wanting To make these ......but they can be easily shaped to match originals.
    Am sure you can get someone here (there are many skilled restorers ) to make the shapes and send to you.
    Then just get a shop to weld in.
    This is better than replacing a panel ,which would need to be welded anyway.
    Do you have a photo of your existing condition ?
    Looks like I am about to replicate them on my own. I will borrow a friends 72 coupe and imitate his brackets and relay mounts while the cars stands next to each other.

I am surprised no one is manufacturing these brackets as I am sure there must be an sought after part in early 911 restorations projects.

Here is an picture of my trunk (with a '76 brake booster, fueltank, loom and part front section). They did quite the nose job on this one.
    Name:  DSC00168.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  73.4 KB
    96 4S - Black
    71 T - Conda green