Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche Side Decal Sticker

Quote Originally Posted by glaverbel911 View Post
    The originals were backside printed on clear Mylar as Someone previous has posted a photo of.
    We have been reproducing them that way for over two decades for customer cars and were scanned off of NOS originals .
    If your having issues getting them let me know and I’ll have my graphics man run off a few.

Regards
    Thanks so much. I have some custom color scheme I'm going for, if you were to print them vs my vinyl guy here in town there might be color inconsistencies but we can try? Maybe you're not in the US though, would you share the file for me to print just 1 set? Thanks!

Pm sent

Regards , Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

Quote Originally Posted by glaverbel911 View Post
    The originals were backside printed on clear Mylar as Someone previous has posted a photo of.
    We have been reproducing them that way for over two decades for customer cars and were scanned off of NOS originals .
    If your having issues getting them let me know and I’ll have my graphics man run off a few.

Regards
    I would love a set in black for my '72 S/T if you could send me a PM? Thanks!
    ESR #4098
    ‘72 T Coupe (donor car for M491 2.5 SR)
    '72 S Coupe (2-owner tangerine unicorn)

Chiming in. IMO, the decals on Michael’s doors are not original. Not only do the dimensions not match the period photos, but the construction is different. Instead of individual black stripes and letters, they appear to be a white base with black stripes and letters printed on them. I’m guessing old aftermarket. Unless I’m seeing something wrong…
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

I figured that the clear areas got cloudy from UV. Has been said that the factory originals were printed over a clear backing and not individual stripes/letters. The dimensions of the letters themselves were very close to Al’s and I was measuring from old tracings on vellum. Only difference was in the spacing of the stripes from the centerline. Mine were more symmetrical.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I know this is an old thread, but Im new here and am reading lots of old threads boning up on my relatively new to me '70T. I also have a design/drafting background. I have a 964 with the infamous crazed and faded center rear lense. Before I spent $600 for a new one, I thought Id try a tinted vinyl overlay. I also like the G body car's PORSCHE script in the back lense so I wanted to add that to my tinted clear vinyl cover. Basically install the letters in black and then cover over with the tinted clear. I measured the letters on the rear of my 964 center rear lense using calipers to make the black ones and found large differences in spacing and letters. That makes no sense to me in a production world and even to my eye, I cant see a reason they'd be non-standard, but they're not even close. Reading this thread, my experience with the 964 script immediately came to mind. I cant explain it, but it seems clear its a Porsche thing for whatever reason.
    Last edited by lbpa18; 04-29-2023 at 07:50 AM. Reason: clarification

I would absolutely love one of these. Being a new member I don't have PM privileges. Could you PLEASE PM me? Thanks!

Try one more post skat, you should be able to PM after 5 posts...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Very helpful Chuck. Thanks for taking the time to reply and exlpain.

Side stripes

I have the EXACT SET? Simple measurement shows 15mm top & bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.