Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sport seat and seat belt help on a 69 Targa

Those receptacles are upside down. The black plastic should face away from the seat, the red tabs should face up and it should be mounted on the outside of the seat.
    Additionally, the horizontal stud is to keep the receptacle from falling down too far.
    Beautiful seats! They look great!
    Good luck.
    Jay
    1946 Willys Army Jeep
    1956 356A Cab
    1957 356A Speedster
    1959 Austin-Healey Sprite
    1962 356B Notchback
    1969 911T 'Speedster'
    1971 911S
    1974 Ford Ranchero
    1986 911 Carrera Cab
    1993 Audi V8Q
    2001 Mazda Miata 'Daughters Car'
    2008 Audi S6
    2018 Panamera 4S 'Wife's Car'

The same on both sides.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Red tabs go down. Here is distorted factory pic. And in my car, been that way for 35 yrs.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Orange71S View Post
    Those receptacles are upside down. The black plastic should face away from the seat, the red tabs should face up and it should be mounted on the outside of the seat.
    Additionally, the horizontal stud is to keep the receptacle from falling down too far.

Beautiful seats! They look great!
    Good luck.

Jay

A picture would be awesome
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by gled49 View Post
    Red tabs go down. Here is distorted factory pic. And in my car, been that way for 35 yrs.
    Yours don’t have the extra post. Interesting.
    www.reSeeWorks.com

Bought those new in 84, they are the sport seat receivers, no post.
    Orange, check your owners manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pomares View Post
    The same on both sides.
    That's odd, so you do not have the tab that places the mounting hole higher as on the other pictures from us. The seat on your picture looks like a passenger seat, the receiver should then be mounted on the other side but if that can't be fitted because you miss the higher placed mounting hole than I have no idea. Wonder what happened to the frame, and same for both seats?

Again I ask? Does the mounting hole in the receiver fit over the bung (the raised area) on the seat frame. If so the load is carried on the seat and not the bolt. It looks to me like the receiver + hardware were mounted on the outside. I see that the plastic covered receivers will not flip to the outside, I suggest another receiver was intended for that system. My type for example would be convertible, inboard or outboard. My stuff has 73 date codes. Are the seats 69 as post suggests

These will fit over the flared part on the outside of the base. That may be how they will be mounted. These belong to Doug DePew. He bought these seats some years ago. They are very nice. The bases as far as the seatbelt attachment goes is a mystery.
    Why is the post that is to limit forward motion up top on many of the pictures? And some don't have a post at all. For them to work in that capacity the posts would need to be on the bottom. The plastic covers would bottom out long before the posts could contact anything.
    I am determined to achieve an elegant solution.
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 01-09-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    www.reSeeWorks.com

I only come up with only one part number for sport seat receivers: 901 803 129/130 27