Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sport seat and seat belt help on a 69 Targa

Late 68 early 69 seems to be unique.
    No post and some mounted inboard and some outboard.
    The top picture is of a almost perfect set that sold in the last few months. Darn.
    The second picture is of a seat base like the one I'm working on. 68/69 only?
    Anyone have some of these short receivers with the red lever laying around?
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Hi Chris,

I sold that set with the short receivers and L brackets (intended for use with the Recaro Comfort seats), I might have only one short receiver left but that does not help you much. I am sure these are not too difficult to find in the US though. If you already have the L brackets, I would cut of the top part and weld it on the seat frames as on pictures earlier posted. This way you can use the long receivers. I seem to remember that the first long, very early, receivers had the rear plastic cap from the short receiver and note the different orientation of the red lever. It might help fitting your long receiver onto your seat frame as well (outboard).
    Here they are mounted on a comfort seat, but you get the idea.

Cees
    Last edited by fourteenten; 01-10-2021 at 03:29 AM. Reason: add pictures

Chris,
    I may have a pair of the receivers you're looking for, I'll go look for them. PM me (or do you have my cell#?)
    Since we don't have the PCA breakfasts going on, we could meet somewhere around town.
    Mako

Edit: I found them. Contact me if you want to work out a trade/sale because I could use the ones you have.
    Last edited by rmakosaito; 01-10-2021 at 07:00 AM.
    Registry #1917
    1971 Condagrun 911T targa
    1974 Indisrot Carrera coupe (US)
    1972 BMW Polaris 3.0 CS

Thanks for the offer. I think I've come up with a solution.
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

I’m trying to figure out if the seats are mounted on the correct base or are they mounted on the opposite side. Is the seat pictured a driver or passenger seat.
    www.reSeeWorks.com

That would be a passenger seat Chris.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I cleaned things up. I used a soft gummy dremel bit to open up the 12 mm spring washer just enough to screw the washer on the bolt. The next size up was too big and hung down off center. I couldn’t tolerate that!
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 01-19-2021 at 11:02 AM.
    www.reSeeWorks.com

I found a 3rd solution . If you flip them so the flat part of the back faces the midline of the car and mount them on outside of seat frame. the post limits travel forward..