Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche 904 horn and plug-connector pair

Porsche 904 horn and plug-connector pair

Hi, I am gathering parts for a 904 replica.
    - Does anybody know which horn model was used in the Porsche 904 Likely from Bosch).
    - There is also a plug-connector pair for the tail lights (used for 6 wires): is it a 6 plug-connector pair? Like the one offered by Rose-Passion?
    Thanks for any hint
    SB

Which replica(s) are you considering, or have you made up your mind? We went with the Beck GTS out of Indiana. Couldn’t be more pleased. pm me if you want more info.

5DD9D8E8-AF02-49A7-A35C-8B651B90A1C6.jpg
    Reg#2218

Hi, I am in contact with M&W, who I visited 2 years ago. I am already looking and buying. special parts, while I will later have M&W build the car when kids are through their studies...
    I would build a 904/6 with the big ears...

Yes, M&W makes a very good car. I believe they make the truest to factory original 904. Unfortunately, from what I understand they aren’t road legal here in the states. There’s a gent here who had them build one for him, andyjboy. Here’s the build thread on it.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...a-build-thread
    Reg#2218

Quote Originally Posted by 911s73 View Post
    - Does anybody know which horn model was used in the Porsche 904 Likely from Bosch).
    - There is also a plug-connector pair for the tail lights (used for 6 wires): is it a 6 plug-connector pair? Like the one offered by Rose-Passion?
    Thanks for any hint
    SB
    i do not know what rose-passion sells nor what 904 use for the taillights but 906 uses the mercedes plug that is similar to the 911 fuel sender plug but with ,if i remember correctly 6pins.
    pretty sure bosch horns where usesd.

Hi, I am in contact with M&W, who I visited 2 years ago. I am already looking and buying. special parts, while I will later have M&W build the car when kids are through their studies...
    I would build a 904/6 with the big ears...
    I would get your order in now for about 5 years time or more,great cars but you will have to wait.I have one on order ,6 cyl and box all awaiting to join its chassis and body.

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    i do not know what rose-passion sells nor what 904 use for the taillights but 906 uses the mercedes plug that is similar to the 911 fuel sender plug but with ,if i remember correctly 6pins.
    pretty sure bosch horns where usesd.
    So this Plug is made by Kostal

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    So this Plug is made by Kostal
    this one is on one of my current projects---probably replaced at some point since it is black plastic instead of bakelite.but on the barnfind 906 i did there was a similar type installed.dont know for sure if 6 pin or more..certailny not less than 6

@SB my inbox was full
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for any hint
    SB
    you probably should get a 904 parts katalog ...they are out there

And if you're real crazy you can build one from scratch, or at least out of an old IMSA 914/6. It's a slow process, but fun.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!