Thread: FS: NOS Heuer Super Autavia - Fully Serviced and Amazing Condition

FS: NOS Heuer Super Autavia - Fully Serviced and Amazing Condition

Hello all, I'm finally back with some more Heuers! Hope everyone is safe.

Here we have a very rare watch for sale - a Heuer Super Autavia in New Old Stock condition. The watch is as you would expect, in mint condition. There are a few tiny marks to the body & bezel from storage (was stored in a box with other Heuer dash timers). The hands, crystal, closing plate, movement, crown and pushers are all as new. The dial has slight marks, indicating that the bezel may have been removed at some point in the watches history.
    What can I tell you about this watch: From my experience servicing and repairing hundreds of these Heuer dashboard timers, I can say that this one has never been mounted on a dash and until January 2021, it had never been serviced. This, combined with zero wear on any jewels or pivots, tells me that the movement has sat basically unused since it was assembled in the factory. This is as close to buying a brand new Super Autavia as you can get & I believe the finest example for sale today anywhere.

This is a later Super Autavia, dating from the late 60’s to the mid 1970’s, showing the larger case, bigger hands and triple Heuer-Leonidas signing on the movement, closing plate and mounting plate. It comes with a dual mounting backplate and a single one (the single backplate is in good condition, however it is not NOS)

As mentioned earlier, the watch has had a full service from myself including: Full strip and ultrasonic clean of the Valjoux 5 movement & case, reassemble with correct oils & greases where necessary and successfully regulated to +/- 5 seconds a day in one position and 18000 BPH on my timegrapher.

This is a very rare watch and would be the ultimate accessory to finish off a period interior!

£2200 GBP Shipped worldwide

Thanks, Vic

Sold, in 20 minutes! Thanks guys

wow, this is lightning fast...nice item..
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Thanks, I love working on these - I didn't think the SA's were very popular, but proven wrong!