Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: independent shop for air cooled 911s in Clear Lake area, South of Houston

Wanted: independent shop for air cooled 911s in Clear Lake area, South of Houston

Wanted: Indy shop for air cooled in Clear Lake area
    I have need for a local shop to do oil change, tune, and some light mechanical work on my 1973 targa, and it’s good running 3.2 liter Motronic engine.
    I am in the Friendswood area and want to find a good shop south of the loop 8 area, anywhere up to include Galveston I guess.
    Appreciate any input, experience, in this regard. I have moved here from Austin and have no contacts.
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Personally, I'd go an hour the other way and see Warren at Callas Rennsport in Sealy.

Good plan, JP, I’ll contact them and see what develops.. thanks for the tip, ...

Quote Originally Posted by silverc4s View Post
    Good plan, JP, I’ll contact them and see what develops.. thanks for the tip, ...
    Very good shop and great people. Tell MC that I sent you.

Bill - Einar’s Garage is in downtown Houston. He works on older and newer Porsches. He may even know someone a bit closer to you. Warren at Rennsport is excellent.
    Hugh Lindberg
    1972 911T
    1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT
    1970 Alfa Romeo GT Jr
    ESR #2501

Just an update, the car is at Rennsport now, all going well so far... more like 2 hours from where I am, 75 or so highway miles.. Great folks, impressive body of work present.

Just an update, the car is at Rennsport now, all going well so far... more like 2 hours from where I am, 75 or so highway miles.. Great folks, impressive body of work present.
    Glad its working out!

Yep. That’s the spot.
    -Jay
    Seabrook, TX
    '68 911T project -The Rat
    '74 911 3.0 EFI Twin Plug toy
    '80 Weissach 3.2 S.S. Grocery Getter
    '70 914/6 GT vintage race car

Warren is top notch - that's who looked after my RS and GT3 while I lived in Houston.

And then there's Crackers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick D - Run Flat

1973 RHD 911 Carrera RS #0358 - Fun Car
    2016 Cayenne Diesel - Tow Car
    2017 Macan S - Better Half's Car

1955 356 Speedster SOLD
    1976 911 2.7 SOLD
    2006 Cayman S SOLD
    2006 Cayenne S SOLD
    2008 Carrera S F77 SOLD
    2011 Cayenne S TOTALLED (T-Boned but kept us safe)
    2015 Macan S SOLD
    2015 GT3 - Track Car
    2016 Cayenne SOLD
    2016 Cayenne GTS TOTALLED (Bloody big deer)

Still looking for 1st Edition Carrera RS book #358.

Life is way too short to drive boring cars.

Thumbs up Update on Rennsport Porsche in Sealy, TX

Just a quick update on my recent experience with Rennsport Porsche Works in Sealy, TX.
    In short I am very pleased with both the work and the communication experience with Warren and MC at Rennsport. Anyone with an air cooled 911 in the greater Houston area would be well served by getting to know these fine folks, and your machine will be the better for it as well.

Over the course of about 6 weeks, Warren shepherded my 73 targa through the various traumas associated with
    1. wiring gremlins,
    2. oil service and valve adjust,
    3. installation of new EFI fuel lines on 3.2.motronic engine
    4. installation of a new muffler system,
    5. teardown of front and rear of car for paint,
    6. subcontracting paintwork,
    7. reassembly and final adjustment following paint,
    8. probably a dozen other small details that I have forgotten or were just fixed on the way.

The bottom line is I am over the moon at finding these folks, and will use them from this day onward, and recommend to all with air cooled cars to maintain and or repair. Many thanks, Warren and MC. JP I owe you one, hope to see you in Boerne this coming Spring!!

I'll post some pictures when I figure out how to convert iPhone pix back to plain old JPEG or GIF

Crackers says Hi, Nick...
    Last edited by silverc4s; 08-23-2021 at 02:13 PM. Reason: note