Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie taking the plunge...

Syracuse NY here, hopefully you are close! Congrats BTW

Welcome to the family, Howard!

Rest assured that any problems you will face with your long-hood (and there’ll be multitudes of them) have already been experienced and, more importantly, solved by someone on this forum. So don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions...they are the lifeblood of our community.

Good luck!
    Alan
    N.J.
    Alan
    N.J.

1964 E-Type roadster
    1969 911S
    1988 328GTB
    2002 Maranello

Welcome, and as stated great looking car, I also have a very original other than engine rebuild (2nd owner) 71 T Targa, happy to help if I can.

Best Regards

Thanks, Jerry. I'm sure I'll be reaching out for advice before too long!

HH

I'm in the Chicago area, but a road trip to upper state NY one of these days would be fun. Hopefully once I get to know the car, that won't feel like a crazy thing to do.

HH

Quote Originally Posted by JackMan View Post
    Howard, welcome to the board! Love your new car. We are here to help. If you are in the snowbelt that must put you near the Great Lakes or should I say downwind of the great lakes. I'm in Cleveland. If you are close by and want to chat pop me an IM with your details. I've been down the slippery slope with six Porsches and have made many, many mistakes and can share with you my errors so you don't make them.

Wj
    Thanks, JackMan. I live in the Chicago area. Either I don't know how to IM or I am not allowed to do so being a newbie. If that is the case, I will send my details once I qualify. In the meantime, I'll keep your friendly offer in mind and will find a way to track you down (perhaps by replying to this thread) if anything comes up. HH

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDriver View Post
    I'm in the Chicago area, but a road trip to upper state NY one of these days would be fun. Hopefully once I get to know the car, that won't feel like a crazy thing to do.

HH
    Hi Howard, congrats and welcome to this forum. I'm a relatively new owner myself having purchased my car in 2019 from another member here.

There's a number of longhood owners in the Chicago area. Whether your 911 is your one and only European classic or you have a collection, I highly recommend joining FuelFed https://fuelfed.wordpress.com/. Another Chicagoland member invited me as well and it has opened the door to meeting many like-minded owners and amazing events. You'll also want to attend Zuffengruppe 4 in September http://www.zuffengruppe.com/.

Welcome again and happy motoring!
    Early 911S Registry #3811
    '70 911S Coupe Tangerine
    Instagram @turkis.tii

TurkisTii:

Thanks for the recommendations and links. Each looks like a window to fun and learning. Now I need to get my car up here to get ready for a first event. I'll be on the lookout for a tangerine '70 911S coupe. Sounds like fun.

HH