Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: List of 1967 Sports Purposes 911 and 911S with Rally Kit or SportKit

Jim, follow this link to 308027 Kardex. It shows 183.8 PS, and I assume the target was about 180 PS
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...=1#post1054628
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    I agree with Eric that the actual number is probably still not known

As there is no specific vin number or other identifier for such cars it would require someone to go through all the kardex files for all cars produced in those years (assuming that they all exist)

I had heard that a couple of different people had given that project some thought, potentially doing a book on them, but the sticking point, as always, is access to the records which is problematic to say the least and now with all of the frauds happening I think even more unlikely, at least in the near future. I agree though that it would be great to have such a list either in this thread or in a dedicated thread with nothing else in it that could be linked to this thread

I think that i have added all the ones I know to Eric's list but when I get some time I will see what I have to match a vin list to photos and kardexes. Another interesting thing is that some (maybe many) had special gearboxes and a smaller number had "engine enhancements" for more power done by the race department before delivery. I have been trying to keep a list of those as well but mostly that information is only available on a kardex and even then the details of the engine enhancements have to date escaped me although it is clear that there are (or were) specific lists of the changes made in the files somewhere
    Updates from HughH have been added to the list at the top of Post 1 and the table at the bottom of the post. Additional cars Hugh identified include 306810, a car with rally history in Italy, 306979, which is possibly the Zasada car 2515KR, 307823, which has LeMans and Targa Florio history, and 308176S, which is a LeMans car, Sonoto, semi-Werks.

thanks for adding those Eric
    to be clear for all of those additions I THINK that they will have had factory engine enhancements of one sort or another but i dont have the proof yet (ie a kardex etc showing factory fitment)
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

306810S Italian Rally History

306810S

Here are some period rally pictures of 306810S taken from the listing at Ausietre & Schmidt when the car was owned and raced by second owner Marcello Grand.

Name:  306810S photo 229 1.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  148.1 KB

Name:  306810S photo 229 4.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  95.5 KB

Name:  306810S photo 229 2.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  125.3 KB

Here is the race history also taken from Ausietre & Schmidt listing.

RACE HISTORY

14e Trofeo Automobilistico dei Rododendri 15th June 1968 #112

8e Aosta – Pila race 22nd September 1968 #300 in Gr 3 GT 2.0 class

8e Corsa Automobilistica Cesana Sestriere 21st July 1968 #229 in Gr 3 GT above 1.6 class

5a Cuorgne Alpette – Trofeo ‘G. Trione’ 23rd July 1968 #438 in Gr 3 GT 2.0 class

Here’s a picture of the Bert Everett car, SN 308050, after the Riverside Trans Am race held on 17 September 1967. Love the red (or dark orange) painted Torq-Thrust wheels.

Name:  743205F9-51F1-435E-B6ED-888AEEBFFF2F.jpeg
Views: 379
Size:  70.5 KB

The story from the guy in the photo can be found here.

http://www.deansgarage.com/2014/hist...66-1995-video/

Thumbs up

Eric,
    That's a OUTSTANDING photo !!!!!

Everett was a GREAT racer... Usually just a little older then most he shared a grid with.....

(The last time I saw Bert Everett race was in the BOBCOR Alfa Montreal at the 1974, 4 hour enduro at Ontario Motor Speedway... )
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Maybe here two more cars for the list:

306945S Bruce Jennings car with the green interior, not sure whether the sportkit was ordered initially or added on later (I have no Kardex).
    308245S Stoddard car with the hugh option list.
    Claudius

Name:  Chuck_Stoddard_67S_kadex0.jpeg
Views: 341
Size:  54.1 KB

Hi Claudius,
    no rally kit on the cardex.
    I got the bronce 911 S from Cam, one of my favourite ones.

https://roadscholars.com/current-off...nly-33k-miles/

regards
    Michael

Claudius and Michael,

Thanks for the new information. I’ve updated the table on Post 1 with the information for the Chuck Stoddard and Bruce Jennings cars.

-Eric

Eric,

great,
    The rally kit option is a very interesting topic, plus maybe to add the frisiert Cars.
    I am busy working on my 911 S 67 book & will add all the information .

many thanks & best regards

Michael