Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TTG driving lights

TTG driving lights

I was just watching the film ,”73 911 Factory Tour”. I noticed a scene where the TTG lights looked like nothing I had seen before. The housing seemed to be much deeper and black in color from what we are all familiar with. Attached are a couple screen shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Could it be a shadow?

That's what I thought also, hard to tell. The outside diameter also looks a touch bigger. The film itself is kinda rough.
    For those new to this game, google the film and watch it. Gives appreciation to our cars.

My take is that since that is a ROW car the TTG lights are more of a useful 'driving light' as opposed to the blingy 'fog' lamps we got for U.S. cars. Looks like a much better reflector?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I watched this film today myself after getting a You Tube link from Hagerty. I was also surprised to see the car with the TTG lights. Looked normal to me.
    Brent
    '70 911S
    '68 TR250

I'd say shadow.

This video is making the rounds. I saw it on Hemmings. They also have a 356 and 928 factory video featured. Looks like a shadow to me.
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI

Got a link?
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Got a link?
    Here's the link.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/202...ign=2021-01-18
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI

Thanks....
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.