Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear Wiper Kit

Rear Wiper Kit

SOLD

I have this kit available. I believe it is nearly complete but I have never tried to fit it myself. All the main components appear to be here except the pivot spindle for RHD use. (Someone with a bit of nous could probably make something up quite easily if needs be, im pretty sure I could) The only LHD thing I can see missing is missing the two clamping pieces on the ends of the motor mount, these can be easily fabricated. I have put power to the motor and it works fine. The wiper arm is a RHD one, LHD ones are available from various suppliers, examples linked below.

what you see is what you get, with more pictures available on request

Wiring Harness
    Dash Switch
    Motor & mount
    Grey Actuating Rod (LHD)
    2x gold actuating rods (RHD)
    Spindles - (I'm not sure which is correct so you get both)
    Wiper Arm (RHD)
    dust cap
    2 fuse box cover

USA - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...m/91162861101/
    Europe - https://www.rosepassion.com/en/parts...442-1341-18603

Last edited by knapmann; 01-20-2021 at 06:51 AM.

Missing twin spindle for RHD, 2nd Rod for RHD and spacer for both LHD and RHD so think a LHD car is best suited.

Can't see plastic cap but it could be there as pic is not close up.

Stand corrected but think the shorter spindle is correct for LHD.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    Missing twin spindle for RHD, 2nd Rod for RHD and spacer for both LHD and RHD so think a LHD car is best suited.

I think I have some of these other parts, I will take a second look and add further photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post

I have found the plastic cap, I also found 2x rods for RHD, but no pivot spindle as of yet, also found a 2x fuse cover but no base unit, I can chuck in a 3x fuse unit that could be cut down, not ideal but depending on how it mounts it could be hidden. Pics have been added.

Do you know have a photo of what the spacer looks like? I may have it but not sure what I am looking for.

Like you say, best for LHD as its basically complete, then the RHD parts are available seperately.

Nice! If I wasn't planning to refurbish and reinstall the factory A/C on my '72T, I think I'd be picking this up.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Arne View Post
    Nice! If I wasn't planning to refurbish and reinstall the factory A/C on my '72T, I think I'd be picking this up.
    Is it not possible to fit both, i was not aware of this... just curious really

Spindle/Shaft

3173FE7E-133C-4F75-A25E-00BDBB65D076.jpg675E6970-1D1F-43DE-B9BC-39E2D9764BE5.jpg

The spindle/shaft should not have threads on top. If it does, it would be for later models/wiper arms.

Should look like the photos attached for 65-73.

Don’t know if RHD has a different spindle/shaft though.

Just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by knapmann View Post
    Yes, it is possible. There are condensers with the cut out for wiper linkage. Not sure if it was possible for a 72, but certainly the later Carreras from 84
    Olin - Member #1375
    ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    1972 911T

Original
    -117 Light Yellow -15x6 Fuchs (9120/M400) -S Appearance (M470) -5 Speed Transmission (9590)

Options added
    -Houndstooth Sport Seats (M409) -Rear sway bar (9228)
    -H4's -BTB Fog Lts (M429) -Amber TTG Driving Lts (9420/M432)
    -380mm Steering Wheel -Becker Mexico -Roof Mounted Luggage/Ski Rack (9503)
    -A/C (M559) -Rear Fog Lt (M571) -Rear Wiper (9290) -Wheel Trim (M426) -Footrest (9563)

Quote Originally Posted by orange911 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knapmann View Post
    Yes, it is possible. There are condensers with the cut out for wiper linkage. Not sure if it was possible for a 72, but certainly the later Carreras from 84
    The later style rear wiper where the motor mounts directly to the left hood hinge can be used with A/C with the special rear condenser for this purpose. That does not work (easily) with the early wiper motor system seen here. Official Porsche option lists showed that the rear wiper could not be ordered with A/C or on soft window targas. I've seen one period picture that showed a rear wiper on an A/C car, but it appeared to be dealer-installed A/C and I do not know what mods may have been done to the wiper system to make it fit.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Here is a pic of the RHD secondary spindle the other spindle is the same LHD or RHD I believe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6