Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original lower dashboard trim

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post

I can't find the thread? Do you have the link by chance, or search terms? Also, my 5/68 production Euro 911L has basketweave (of course). The headliner is the heavy texture (buffalo or elephant?).
    will dig in my +400 subscribed threads... my 68 euro L sunroof basket weave +plastic roofliner
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Can we go back to: Is the material always black?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Johnson View Post
    Can we go back to: Is the material always black?
    Yes, with 99.3% surety

Jim

Okay -- you were about to be able to tell me that, but thanks saves me some time. You are the best!

Everybody else can now go back to wherever you want to take this. i have the answers to the questions I needed answered. Well done. Back with engine cosmetics questions soon.

New info: 11805213 - sand beige/black - unrestored, it had elephant hide dash. Completed 5 Feb 1968.

Does 11805213 have elephant hide on door panels and seats as well as on the dash?

Agree, some early built 71 still have 70 glove box locks.
    my Dec 70 built 71T however has already 71 (centered) lock.

I assume as often, they finished the storage of « older » parts and then switched to new ones,regardless to MY.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Johnson View Post

Glove boxes and ash trays are becoming my new favorite things. They seem to have problems understanding when the model year starts. I have a lovely early 1971 911S with a 1970 glove box door (different lock location!) and two with leftover ash trays, like this one. I have one on a 1967 too!
    Registry member No.773

11805213 previous owner: Been a few years but door panels yes, not sure on seats

my 68 911L built Dec.13th 1967 has elephant hide interior euro production with aluminum case engine. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue