Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: major fraud in the classic porsche business in Germany

kinda like going to a movie
    a huge bomber flying over
    bomb drops to ground
    all you here in the audience is a pop corn fart..................

While I don’t know all the ins and outs glad I put “innocent until proven guilty” in many of my comments on this thread about this evolving story given how this has all concluded.

Imagine it will be rather awkward between Barth and his former employer if they were indeed a co-plaintiff as is being reported by press. However perhaps on balance less uncomfortable than if the court had found guilty of the allegations a man who was so prominent a figure in authenticating so many important Porsche road and race cars for Porsche and its customers over so many years while he was an employee.

One shadow at least has lifted that had been looming over classic Porsche market with this outcome. I wish all the parties who were vindicated well.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 04-15-2024 at 04:51 PM.

But hang on, is not proving something vindication?
    Imo, the fact the court or prosecution can't prove the fraud, doesn't automatically mean that the 2 defendants are innocent.
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty
    I don’t know about the facts of this case or about legal processes in Germany but would the above principle not apply like it would if it were trial in England — in Scotland somewhat unusually there is a “not proven” verdict available in some proceedings. There is a wiki page about not proven under Celtic law for those interested in the nuance. However “not guilty” and “not proven” verdict are both an acquittal in Scotland. How does it work in that part of Germany where this trial was held that’s all that matters in this case?

I imagine if I were a high profile defendant in a case that was dismissed by judge I’d probably claim I’d been vindicated in court.
    Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 04-16-2024 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    .but very positive at least for JB- - hopefully he will get some reparation.
    i deeply hope not...i`v seen several of those cars in question...just sad to see how greed destroyed those cars-(some of which at least had an original frame) but incorrect parts everywhere.they used whatever they had in the shelfes or could get for cheap...all built to maximize profit...shame on all of them involved....

And the other 917-043 is here in Philadelphia at the Simeone Foundation Museum; Daisy (pre accident) is in the background
    Daisy and the Hippie at the Simeone_S.jpg
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Side Hustle

Quote Originally Posted by rhegra View Post
    . . . No solid evidence has been provided in the trial days so far . . .

. . . still some haggling in the courtroom about what kind of fine the defendants should be given, as there was at least suspicion of criminal offenses . . .

. . . The 77-year-old Porsche icon, multiple winner for the luxury brand and later also race director and brand ambassador, was even banned from the premises by Porsche - as a co-plaintiff in the proceedings. At least an apology is probably due
    . . .
    Reputation --- and integrity . . . don't require (or survive?) adjudication

Being anywhere even CLOSE to a mess like this says enough for me

Icon, schmicon

We Can Be Heroes