Thread: WTB:1968 front bumper horn, passenger side, with or without rubber buffer SWB narrow

WTB:1968 front bumper horn, passenger side, with or without rubber buffer SWB narrow

I am looking for a decent original 1968 passenger side (RHS) chrome front bumper horn with (preferably) or without rubber buffer to suit SWB narrow trim.

This or these will have the chrome slide in back plate not the later black plastic one.

Will consider a pair if that is all you have.

Chrome condition not important as will re chrome but need it or them to be undamaged please.

clydeboyer911@gmail.com
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I've never seen a chrome slide-in back plate. The early ones with the chrome are all metal with no slide-in plate. Can you post a picture of this? The '68 I had which was original had the black plastic and everyone I have in my basement has the black plastic.
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

Interesting you say that as one side appears to be the all metal as you describe and I thought the other side had a slide in plate with a slot at the top which is chromed.

I have looked at some other pics online and it seems my description is bad there is no slide in plate but all metal as you suggest, I am not near the car currently so cannot chack
    but i am going to pull the bumper off and remove them for further investigation will post pics of what I have when I have done so.

Seems like all the ads I have seen for 67-68 versions don't have the black plastic insert but all 69 ones onwards do.
    Last edited by BOYER73S; 01-25-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I think I have one. I replied via email.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Clyde, it's just all metal back with a slot at the top (not slide in as you have now noted). The changeover to the slide in black plastic happened sometime in 1968. Personally I prefer the all metal with the slot on my 68's as trying to buy an "original" 69+ can prove to be difficult as the reproductions have been out for many years and they can be extremely ill fitting.

e
    Thanks Eric, think I will follow your advice.....again
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by mejia_anthony View Post
    I think I have one. I replied via email.

Anthony
    Thanks Anthony your generous offer is much appreciated and accepted. Anthony has exactly what I need, it needs re chroming and some drilled hole repairs but he has offered it
    to me for nothing...he must have known today was Australia Day
    Last edited by BOYER73S; 01-25-2021 at 08:59 PM.
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Thanks to all who responded and offered assistance

Anthony M had what I needed and refuses to take any money for it plus refuses funds for shipping. What a guy. I promised to "pay it forward" for another member instead
    so I will keep a watch out for someone I can help and no I don't have any new dashes!!!
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6