Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1970 2.2L 911S engine complete with MFI

1970 2.2L 911S engine complete with MFI

*SOLD*

I have a spare original 70 911S engine I would like to sell. Engine number 6301330 with the correct 911/02 type number. These engines are in my opinion the most fun to drive of all the early engines. Forget the 2.0L as a fun engine - the larger displacement 2.2L, revised cylinder head/combustion chambers fix the peaky issues with a 2.0, more torque, the MFI is the sexiest induction that can produce 10 more HP than carbs and with the all metal induction these engines howl. They rev like crazy, put out great horsepower - easily 200hp when done right or more. 66mm short stroke with 84mm 9.8:1 compression forged pistons, 36mm intake ports 35mm exhaust.

It is a simple install to any 1965-1973 911 (or 912). Why hot rod your engine when you could do this one and save the stock/original engine, later you could re-unite your original engine and sell off the spare if you wanted. This is a core, I got it from an old retired mechanic friend. Turns over fine but I would assume it needs everything but there is a chance some of it is good inside and won’t a full rebuild. It was rebuilt a number of years ago but converted to carburetor cylinder heads - comes with 2 complete sets of heads - 911S spec MFI heads included separate, my machinist started on these by surfacing them and installing new guides but no sizing or valve work done (my guys work is excellent so don’t think you will have to redo this or worry about bad work).

Comes with:
    009 2.2S MFI pump, correct 2.2S throttle bodies and stacks Eurometrix has rebuilt these TBs in the past, original steel MFI air cleaner with cold start rail (these sound bitchin over the plastic stuff), 007 2.2S distributor. Also has the original fan/alt/shroud, sheet metal, exhaust, flywheel/clutch.

Just want to sell this to fund some of the house remodel so the wife doesn’t leave me.

$**,*** Located in San Diego area, can deliver within 100miles.

Just spoke with Henry at Supertec today, he would be happy to rebuild it. I can drop off at his shop in Fallbrook no cost.
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 03-19-2022 at 06:21 PM.

More pictures, I have the air cleaner but it’s hard to get to at the moment, will update pics shortly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice motor Mark.
    Far better that the spare engine leaves rather than the wife.
    Mark

Hi. I'm very new here. It appears that you have another set of S heads. Would you consider selling those separately? My best, Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
    Hi. I'm very new here. It appears that you have another set of S heads. Would you consider selling those separately? My best, Bob
    No sorry. The heads mounted on the engine are for carburetors, the MFI heads are included to replace the other ones during a rebuild.

Bonus - the old heads will be worth $800-1000 in salvage value so you can look at that as a future discount.

This appears to be a good deal.
    Mark

No 'stars' preceding or following the engine serial number...

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    No 'stars' preceding or following the engine serial number...
    Look closer. I see both of them.
    Mark Jung
    MFI Werks
    Early 911S Registry #972
    Carrera T w/LWB, MT, RWS, PCCB
    72 T 66 x 100 MFI Twin Plug Coupe
    R Gruppe #686

I have a bunch of cameras, sometimes use the wrong one for the job, here is a better picture..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 01-28-2021 at 07:43 AM.

I'm glad for you and any potential buyers that the 'stars' are indeed present - good job in posting additional photos.