Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alloy replicas of Porsche steel wheels

Alloy replicas of Porsche steel wheels

I really like the look of steel wheels on a swb, but the weight penalty is huge compared to my Fuchs... Looked at HRBB alloy replicas, (15 x 6), but they are $7-800 each! Anyone know of another alloy wheel replica maker that's more reasonably priced?

Thanks!

-Chuck

912->911 conversion
    Group 4 wheels out of the UK posted on Instagram a couple of months ago with a design for an alloy version of the steel wheel that is coming. Not sure on availability, but Sports Purpose Garage is their US distributor.
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

Thanks Keith! I'll check them out!

-Chuck

912->911 conversion
    Chuck - I did some more digging on Instagram. Mid January they said the dies were being delivered, so wheels should be cast soon (imminently). They were expecting to have the wheels done in January, so they are close. Price would be similar to their Torque Thrust wheels. Sizes were 5x15" ET36, 6x15" ET 36, 7x5" ET32&23. Series is called the LMZ wheel. I've been keeping an eye out too as I would love a set of alloy steelies for my car and the HRBB ones are really nice, but those will be $1200CAD/corner for me.

Edit: The wheels are showing up on their website now, 305 GBP for the 15x7:
    https://group4wheels.co.uk/search-pr...T23-p248559580

Cheers!
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

I wonder what the shipping cost is to get these on this side of the Pond. Neat looking wheels. Will a 15X7 et32 with 205's fit on the rear of a SWB?
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Nice........
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

FWIW, HRBB only uses 6061 aluminum for their wheels & quality is second to none. Each wheel weighs 13.5lbs for 15 x 5" wheel.

I used their wheels on Da Spoodster, was very happy with them. I did some mods on them, using real Rudge Spinners but the wheels were still theirs. I also had them powdercoated black.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by JBQuick View Post
    FWIW, HRBB only uses 6061 aluminum for their wheels & quality is second to none. Each wheel weighs 13.5lbs for 15 x 5" wheel.
    What are the Group4wheels ? Cast,forged..of another material?
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    What are the Group4wheels ? Cast,forged..of another material?
    Sounds like they were awaiting die's and at 7kg I would say they are cast aluminium.
    Mark