Thread: FS: 1971 911T Targa in Gold Metallic

Banned

FS: 1971 911T Targa in Gold Metallic

I think I want to sell my 71T. I have a number of projects underway right now and this one has been put on the back burner. That said, here are the details.

1971 911T Targa
    Gold Metallic
    Brown Leatherette Car Originally
    C of A pictured below

The car is absolutely rust free. When I say rust free I am telling you it has no rust. The body on the car is perfect. I had the car professionally painted a few years ago because of some rock chips and a scratch that happened in my garage on the rear decklid. I decided to have the car disassembled and painted to ensure the perfect color match across every panel verses painting the hood, bumper, decklid, and then blending. I used BASF Glasurit paint base/clear. This work was very expensive and completed by a local shop that understands the value of classic cars.

The engine is not number matching and is dissembled. I purchased a case that is exactly 200 numbers off the original case. That case is at Ollies and has been completely refurbished. I believe i have all the other parts that will be necessary to rebuild the engine to its original condition.

I do have the matching number transmission.

The carpet on the car is driver quality. It has evidence of wear. I planned to replace it.

I do not have the original seats. I do however have a number of pairs of later seats.

Mechanically, the car will need the engine assembled or another engine transplanted in the car, new tires and the brakes gone through since the car has been sitting.

Cosmetically, I would put a new interior in the car, correct seats, and have the steering wheel refurbished.

The car spent most of it's life in California and it's my understanding it was owned by a UCLA professor. Neat story but not verified.

Clean and clear title. No balance owed or liens.

This car is close and would make a great driver. Frankly the paintwork is outstanding and this car would also show very well if finished correctly.

The car has always been stored inside my temperature controlled warehouse.

I will post more pictures of the car interior and on my lift once the snow stops and the suns out.

$45,000.00

I would also consider partial trades so long as they are not projects. I would offer some trade credit for a running 1961 356 engine. Prefer one with an unstamped case.

If someone has a running 2.2, 2.4, or 3.0 for sale I would consider buying it so I can easily finish the car.

Thanks!

Robert Liberty
    rliberty@911sportscars.com

one last thing...I will keep the fog lights. I want to use them on something else. They are not wired up or working. Just for looks. I will also keep the momo wheel. It will come with an original steering wheel.

LOTS of pics here...https://forums.pelicanparts.com/pors...l#post11203430
    Last edited by rliberty; 02-05-2021 at 11:03 AM.

GLWS!
    For the record:
    VIN: 9111112841
    Engine: 6117445
    Trans: 010323

71T 1.jpg

71T 2.jpg

71T 3.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Banned
    Thanks Doug...

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Robert, PM sent.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

One of the coolest colors IMO
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

Banned
    More pics uploaded. Refer to the link in the initial ad.

Awesome color. I am really unsure about selling...Its a very very very solid car. Thanks!

Love the Gold Metallic ....
    One of the best 70’s colors
    GLWS
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Banned
    Bump for a great car! I would offer some trade credit for a running 1961 356 engine. Prefer one with an unstamped case.

If someone has a running 2.2, 2.4, or 3.0 for sale I would consider buying it so I can easily finish the car.

Thanks!