Thread: FS: Heuer Monte Carlo Stopwatch, Boxed, Fully Serviced, Excellent Condition

FS: Heuer Monte Carlo Stopwatch, Boxed, Fully Serviced, Excellent Condition

Hello all, back with a couple more Heuers! Here we have an excellent example of a Heuer Monte Carlo dashboard stopwatch with box, mounting hardware & a rare Tachymeter dial.

A very rare watch, this Heuer Monte Carlo is as you would expect, in excellent condition. The hands, crystal, closing plate, movement, crown, pushers & case are all without major marks - there are minor marks on the case & pushers, consummate with light use. Particularly of note is the luminous paint on the hands & dial; it has attained a gorgeous deep patina that really stands out. The dial is probably the finest condition one I've ever seen on a used Monte.

What can I tell you about this watch: From my experience servicing and repairing hundreds of these Heuer dashboard timers, I can say that this one has had very little use & I would guess that, until January 2021, it had never been serviced. This is my guess based on the perfect, as new condition of the movement (no screwdriver marks on the plates or screws). This, combined with zero wear on any jewels or pivots, tells me that the movement has had little use.

This is an later Monte Carlo dating between 1967 - 1973. It shows triple Heuer-Leonidas signing on the movement, closing plate and mounting plate. The original box is in great condition.

As mentioned earlier, the watch has had a full service from myself including: Full strip and ultrasonic clean of the Valjoux 7714 movement & case, reassemble with correct oils & greases where necessary and successfully regulated to +/- 5 seconds a day in one position and 18000 BPH on my timegrapher (see pictures, the timegrapher results on this Monte are excellent!)

This is a very rare watch and would be the ultimate accessory to finish off a period interior!

£1000 GBP Shipped

Worldwide shipping no problem

Thanks, Vic

Sold - thanks all!